Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 06:02 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times

Advertisements

It seems such a while back that this had a lot of momentum, but honestly, who has confidence in the economy right now? I mean, how many of us reading this feel great about our economy right now. Now just imagine those that have to put up millions for this. Now that the ball is the developer's court, it will be interesting to see what happens next. I don't think anyone can blame the developers if they postpone the plans, that is not to say it won't come to fruitiion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 03:18 PM

146 posts, read 520,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I mean, how many of us reading this feel great about our economy right now.

Well up here in Lubbock the economy is still doing real good. We are still getting alot of new developments a new shopping center is going up in the east side houses are still being built so i think that things are still doin pretty good.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:02 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utelpaso88 View Post
Well looks like it has been given new life..Still some things to do and wait especially with our current economy...but I hope this project(s) happens. That thing is huge but a major eyesore as well.
County approves tax incentive plan for old Farah building - El Paso Times
Yeap it may take a while before the economy takes off but when it does this will be a great project to rid an eyesore.

Thanks for posting the story utelpaso .

Old 02-24-2009, 07:12 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
The city council said the developer will not see a cent until tenants actually open up shop, good for the city.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:18 AM

879 posts, read 3,036,454 times
This is great news! I think they will start tearing down that old building soon, but they will likely not start building the new center til the economy starts getting back on track or they just feel that its the right time to start. But I am positive something awesome will get built there and I can't wait til they finally have something that all of us El Pasoans can be proud of.. instead of that eyesore that is there at the moment.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:19 AM

138 posts, read 454,126 times
As I have said before: this project is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Nevertheless, because of the new members, the plan will probably move forward...and I will be the first to say "I told you so."

Old 02-25-2009, 03:55 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
This is great news! I think they will start tearing down that old building soon, but they will likely not start building the new center til the economy starts getting back on track or they just feel that its the right time to start. But I am positive something awesome will get built there and I can't wait til they finally have something that all of us El Pasoans can be proud of.. instead of that eyesore that is there at the moment.

Like i've stated before that even if this were to sit empty......i believe it's still a positive as that HUGE ugly industrial plant will be torn down and something more aesthetic to look at.

Nice posting as always senor alcalde Chuco .

Old 02-25-2009, 09:35 PM

879 posts, read 3,036,454 times
Thanks 6/3

I agree bud, anything... or even nothing is better than the old factory building that is just sitting there.. looking all ugly.
I can't wait til they build something there. I really do hope that the Fountains gets built soon.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:14 PM

5 posts, read 13,298 times
No, don't put it near the wealthier zip codes (west side)....they don't spend more just because they have more. Most of the buyers will be wealthy people from Juarez that have made Cielo Vista Mall into one of the top Malls in the country! Have you been to most malls in Dallas, Austin, Phoenix, etc? They're DEAD compared to Cielo Vista! A friend used to manage claire's and he told us that they had the Number 2 Claire's in the entire country because of how much money that mall makes. That's why they feel it has to be in the Farah site. Sunland Park Mall?? Always deserted! I live on the west side and we prefer mom and pop shops...just like Austinites.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:33 PM

730 posts, read 1,894,896 times
A Dave and Busters should go in there. That's something we don't have here and I have seen it in a couple of really nice "lifestyle" centers. Or what about an IMAX? Need something different than the same old, same old to get attention. Or perhaps The Cheesecake Factory. If P.F. Chang's can survive here, Cheesecake Factory can. These are not retail stores, but they are certainly businesses I think of in these types of developments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso