Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:31 PM

447 posts, read 1,579,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
It's probably a good idea to delay. I haven't been in Sunland Park Mall or Cielo Vista for quite awhile, but I thought there were a lot of vacancies at those two locations?
I don't know about Sunland but I don't think Cielo Vista has that many vacancies. I know they just got rid of Walgreens. Word is that rent is crazy high there and that might have something to do with some stores leaving. If this new complex ever opens it will probably help lower the rents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 02:52 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,441,551 times
8 years until it would open? are you kidding me? 8 years is a lifetime in business and alot of things could happen until then. I say this project is DOA. Next.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:36 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeguy View Post
I don't know about Sunland but I don't think Cielo Vista has that many vacancies. I know they just got rid of Walgreens. Word is that rent is crazy high there and that might have something to do with some stores leaving. If this new complex ever opens it will probably help lower the rents.
Cielo Vista is doing fine. You literally can't find a parking spot on the weekend unless you park near Hooters. I am don't frequent Sunland Park very often so I don't know how business is there.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:17 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,265,276 times
Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
8 years until it would open? are you kidding me? 8 years is a lifetime in business and alot of things could happen until then. I say this project is DOA. Next.
I agree. The following statement is more of a position the developer is making known through the media that they will not be ready:

"One thing is for sure. We will not build a project until we have the retailers that are willing to move forward," Miller said.

So, I would not hold my breath. As bad as it seems now, my financial advisor told me things will get worse in the coming months. If anyone was around in the late 70's during the Carter years, you'll know what I am talking about. We'll see.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:33 PM

422 posts, read 1,294,436 times
it seems like economists are split on inflation...some say really high, others say not so much. What is almost a for sure is the rising of interest rates.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:48 PM

247 posts, read 604,993 times
Sigh, Once again we are going backwards on this project. You know what, just tear it down already! At least it an eyesore won't be there anymore. another 8 years is absolutely ridiculous for a project like this and you wonder why El Paso is always made fun of.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:48 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,955,492 times
It's their land - they can do what they want with it. The question is the tax rebates - rebates to be given by gov't in exchange for the prosperity, jobs, and benefits that the mall would bring to El Paso. We need those jobs and benefits now - not 8 years from now when the economy is better. If they build 8 years from now then the whole rationale for tax incentives goes out the window. The tax incentives should be on a sliding scale that decreases the further out opening day is pushed.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:32 AM

422 posts, read 1,294,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
It's their land - they can do what they want with it. The question is the tax rebates - rebates to be given by gov't in exchange for the prosperity, jobs, and benefits that the mall would bring to El Paso. We need those jobs and benefits now - not 8 years from now when the economy is better. If they build 8 years from now then the whole rationale for tax incentives goes out the window. The tax incentives should be on a sliding scale that decreases the further out opening day is pushed.

This
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso