U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 02:54 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,672,071 times

Advertisements

Oh Purple Heart Memorial highway is loop 375.. like duh.. and what you see from there is not the hospital but the new brigade HQ, motor pools, barracks and the like. The Hospital maybe in the mingle of things, but what building it is I have no clue at this time. Next time I am sitting around talking shop with my DA buddies, I'll ask them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 06:48 PM

639 posts, read 715,879 times
They hav'nt started building the new William Beaumont hospital yet, but they said that the new building would cost 500 million dollars, and whats this I hear that the old William Beaumont hospital would become the VA hospital, that be nice , Beaumont is still a very nice modern twelve story building built back in the early seventies a few renovations and it would serve all the El Paso area Veterans needs.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:37 AM

114 posts, read 317,758 times
City Council will discuss this matter next Tuesday, June 10th. The developer will have a presentation and this will be the time to comment and let your feelings be known.

Hope to see you there. Let me know what you think.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
They hav'nt started building the new William Beaumont hospital yet, but they said that the new building would cost 500 million dollars, and whats this I hear that the old William Beaumont hospital would become the VA hospital, that be nice , Beaumont is still a very nice modern twelve story building built back in the early seventies a few renovations and it would serve all the El Paso area Veterans needs.
Oh I agree it is a very nice looking building all perched up on the Mountain.. wish it would of been turned over to the city or sold to a private Hospital so the N.E. would have its own public hospital. I know that giving it to the VA is also a great idea.. but they could of added a nice new one on Biggs as part of this new Hospital.. so they had nice new digs too.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:13 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Well -- oil just shot up to $138 a barrel and the layoffs throughout the country are starting to climb, Wall Street just fell again, so I'm not convinced this is going to be a great time for building high-end malls in this town.

Gasoline prices are going to start climbing past $4, there are predictions they'll be to $6 a gallon before the end of summer. At some point some people are going to start feeling the pinch and the shop-till-you-drop mentality may be affected.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 PM

10 posts, read 27,023 times
There will NEVER be a great time to build a high-end anything in El Paso. Economics being what they are.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:36 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,964,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
WOW! I almost choked on that, I have to suspend disbelief on this one. Is a PowerPoint presentation and testimonials all it takes to convince El Paso civic leaders?

What do you expect to hear when a consultant is paid tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands for positive news? Would you expect them to tell you the truth, or what you want to hear?

I have never worked on deals worth tens, or hundreds of millions, but I have worked on two to five million dollar deals with competing vendors. I've heard all the hype, witnessed the tricks, the lies, etc., that corporations can conceive to make a deal. The meeting you attended was obviously a sales pitch, but too obvious I think.
The kind of retail research consulting companies do uses standard marketing equations and readily available trade association data. There's no trickery involved. If it wasn't feasible, it wouldn't be on the drawing board. Period.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:45 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,991,286 times
So then my question is how's the new factory outlet mall doing on the westside. Good or bad ???

Old 06-10-2008, 02:54 PM

13,140 posts, read 35,991,286 times
I see the City Council will take up the issue of the proposed Mall site today. We''ll see what they say on the news tonight about it good or bad.

City to discuss plans for shops at Farah site - El Paso Times

Old 06-10-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
I see the City Council will take up the issue of the proposed Mall site today. We''ll see what they say on the news tonight about it good or bad.

City to discuss plans for shops at Farah site - El Paso Times
Don't hold your breath 6'3. History has proven the expected outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or