U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2008, 04:15 PM

639 posts, read 715,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
It's not just the jobs and i know alot of them will be 6.00 hr jobs but it's another venue to have around that wasn't here before and beautifies the area. Why always San Antonio,Dallas and Houston get all these and not EP?? To me it's not fair !!

The one they just built up here in Albuquerque is beautiful as it replaced a delapitated area and is designed to offer walking, strolling or just hanging in the Book Stores and Coffee shops and Internet Cafes and eateries etc... Also there are numerous outdoor cafe's in which i or others go sometimes and have cofee at one of the coffee shops and sit on the Patio and see the Sandia mountains as it gives me a Euro flavor to it when i was in the Navy. Its really a positive up here and these pay what 7.50hr up here but again it's another venue to have around.

I just read in the Alamogordo newspaper that the City Council voted to offer tax incentives to get retail (not factory jobs) as the Alamogordo citizens are begging for more grocery stores and retail establishments.
El Paso city leaders are known to turn down good things and your right, why always San Antonio, Dallas and Houston,they always get the good better quality and El Paso gets the fuzzy end of the Lol li pop, I think that the Simon Group is jealous of the Fountains/Foster proposal, yeah they'll pitch in and tear down the Farah building and then what? "WAIT" another ten, fifteen, twenty years from now till Wallgreens and Starbucks ends up buying the land, and promises to add a Krsipy Creme to the center in the near future.

I read in a blog that the Simon Group built a mall in Austin and that they got a tax break for doing so, and here they are being double standard to someone that wants to bring in a new venue into El Paso, you know having high end stores in El Paso attract rich people, some people from other cities would probably make that special trip to an El Paso up scale mall, just to say they bought it in El Paso.

Lets see, will the real El Paso City council stand up and do the right thing? or is everyone going to turn out to be like Melina Castro? to be continued.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 PM

You have a nice dream mall wish for NE El Paso, I think that NE will eventually get a mall when the areas population surpasses the 200,000 mark which is probably not very far from now considering that Ft Bliss is booming.

I myself could vission a mega mall next to the mountain in Northeast El Paso with 6 major department anchor stores 175 retail stores an international food court where you can get anything from lumpia, chinese, gyros, tacos etc. everything just about, and included in this mall would be a twenty screen movie theater, maybe an Imax, there would be a 7 to 10 thousand car underground parking garage in three levels.

I would not use architecture that is related to UTEP' (bhutanese) unless the mall was been built by UTEP, I think that that kind of style of building belongs in the UTEP area,
This mall would blend in with the mountain, and different kinds of material would be used
to give it the details of a mountain or rocks from a mountain or deep earth like marble granite, and as for the name I would name it,Franklin Mountain Mall.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:26 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,672,071 times
I think El Paso should claim that UTEP style architecture ( Bhutanese ) kinda like how Santa Fe adopted the Adobe Indian style. And if we spread it on the North East tucked up to the mountain like it is in Asia.. it would be something people would see and go EL PASO.. kinda like our Air Port. ( even though the Gulfport/Biloxi Air Port is a spittin image of ours.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
El Paso city leaders are known to turn down good things and your right, why always San Antonio, Dallas and Houston,they always get the good better quality and El Paso gets the fuzzy end of the Lol li pop, I think that the Simon Group is jealous of the Fountains/Foster proposal, yeah they'll pitch in and tear down the Farah building and then what? "WAIT" another ten, fifteen, twenty years from now till Wallgreens and Starbucks ends up buying the land, and promises to add a Krsipy Creme to the center in the near future.

I read in a blog that the Simon Group built a mall in Austin and that they got a tax break for doing so, and here they are being double standard to someone that wants to bring in a new venue into El Paso, you know having high end stores in El Paso attract rich people, some people from other cities would probably make that special trip to an El Paso up scale mall, just to say they bought it in El Paso.

Lets see, will the real El Paso City council stand up and do the right thing? or is everyone going to turn out to be like Melina Castro? to be continued.....
I'll run for N.E. rep next time around.. and I better get your vote.. =)

Old 06-19-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I'll run for N.E. rep next time around.. and I better get your vote.. =)
I would'nt be able to vote for you since I would'nt be living in NE El Paso, but I would be watching you with interest because if you turned out to be a good district representative that brought positive changes for El Paso let alone the service you provided for your district, then you might get my vote when you run for mayor.

the reason I say might just as long as I'm not running against you.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:53 PM

LOL.. yeah that would be really funny to see me on a ballet.. the guy that everyone here hates because I bash on El Paso all the time.. but hey I have always been the type of guy that says.. Why Moan and Groan, when you can do something about it.. so its about time I put my MUHNAY where my MOUTH is. =)

Old 06-20-2008, 07:02 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,991,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
LOL.. yeah that would be really funny to see me on a ballet..... ''the guy that everyone here hates'' .....because I bash on El Paso all the time..
Yeah well as much as some would like to crown you on that .........they can't as a certain poster just got permanently BANNED from City Data and all i can say is THANK GOD for ENJOYEP !!!!!!

But yeah you should think about running against M. Castro !!!!

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 06-20-2008 at 07:12 AM..

Old 07-11-2008, 09:43 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,190,868 times
Hello all.... so what happened with this?

Old 07-14-2008, 05:56 PM

246 posts, read 517,497 times
I think Council is supposed to vote on it again soon Keep your ears open.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:27 PM

13,140 posts, read 35,991,286 times
Any word out there yet ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or