U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:58 PM

194 posts, read 370,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
Bruce Foods is one of the many factories between angora loop and ashley road which are both off of dyer.
I had no idea. I thought it was just the water treatment plant out there. And the golf course.

My fiance and I looked at that subdivision a few years ago, but we moved to Austin instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 03:28 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,225,653 times
I heard Ysleta ISD was going to build a school out there to relieve North Star Elementary, which now has an enrollment of something like 1000. The amount of money they were asking (I don't remember the exact figure, but it was more than twice the $15 million or so they usually want for building elementary schools these days) suggested it was going to be a combination middle school and elementary school. I guess Parkland Middle is getting pretty crowded, too. Anyway, it was one of the bond proposals that they asked the voters in the district to approve that got turned down. What are they going to do now, set up a modular campus in the Mesquite Hills neighborhood?

Old 12-05-2013, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by br7or13 View Post
Mesquite (Hills), New Mexico? If so, it's nothing but mobile homes and dairy farms (and millions of flies in the summer) - not fun.
I don't think you have a clue where mesquite hills is.... It's actually nice area

Old 12-08-2013, 08:22 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,225,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrabilius View Post
I heard Ysleta ISD was going to build a school out there to relieve North Star Elementary, which now has an enrollment of something like 1000. The amount of money they were asking (I don't remember the exact figure, but it was more than twice the $15 million or so they usually want for building elementary schools these days) suggested it was going to be a combination middle school and elementary school. I guess Parkland Middle is getting pretty crowded, too. Anyway, it was one of the bond proposals that they asked the voters in the district to approve that got turned down. What are they going to do now, set up a modular campus in the Mesquite Hills neighborhood?

They set up a prekindergarten for the Parkland feeder pattern in the old Parkland Elementary building on Quail next to Parkland High, and moved the PK kids there to try to relieve the overcrowding on North Star, Desertaire and their other two Northeast elementary schools. But they'll probably be putting another bond issue before the voters before long. The Ysleta school board member for that area said something to the El Paso Times to the effect that the Van Horne Apartments on Dyer in that area is such a big complex it might rate its own elementary school. That would make two elementary schools out there and they'd probably need another middle school in Northeast, too.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 313 times
I know this is a fairly old post but I found it by searching Mesquite Hills so...

I'm also looking to moving into that area due to its closest possible El Paso location to Holloman AFB in Alamogordo NM. I have been looking at houses in that community and they are nice, but there appears to be a factory or 2 very nearby. Does anyone that has been living there for a few years now have any insight as to smells/health hazards of living so close to those factories? Additionally, due to its location there seems to be very little stores nearby and it takes 10 minutes just to get to a decent large store...are there any plans to build up this area? I don't mind the drive but I also don't want to drive 10 minutes if I just need to quickly grab something from a store.

ANY other insight on how things are in this neighborhood will be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to find much information on this area despite all my web scrubbing, and not sure how much I trust the word of a realtor that works for the housing developments. I've been living in Alamogordo prior to this, but decided El Paso is where I want to settle down after my separation from the military. I chose this area because I will still be working out of Holloman.

Last edited by toosie; 12-13-2016 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: edited out the bump comment

Old 12-17-2016, 03:48 PM

3,192 posts, read 4,232,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinytankard View Post
I know this is a fairly old post but I found it by searching Mesquite Hills so...

I'm also looking to moving into that area due to its closest possible El Paso location to Holloman AFB in Alamogordo NM. I have been looking at houses in that community and they are nice, but there appears to be a factory or 2 very nearby. Does anyone that has been living there for a few years now have any insight as to smells/health hazards of living so close to those factories? Additionally, due to its location there seems to be very little stores nearby and it takes 10 minutes just to get to a decent large store...are there any plans to build up this area? I don't mind the drive but I also don't want to drive 10 minutes if I just need to quickly grab something from a store.

ANY other insight on how things are in this neighborhood will be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to find much information on this area despite all my web scrubbing, and not sure how much I trust the word of a realtor that works for the housing developments. I've been living in Alamogordo prior to this, but decided El Paso is where I want to settle down after my separation from the military. I chose this area because I will still be working out of Holloman.
I've spent some time in that area.

No smells from my experience.

Two of my NCOs have homes there. There are a fair number of military and border patrol living there.

What do you mean by "decent large store"? There is a Neighborhood Walmart 5 minutes away. That plaza has grown a lot. There is a Chipotle, Wendy's, Chick fil-A, Ross, Marshalls, Petco, Shell gas station, liquor store, BBQ restaurant and other businesses in that same plaza.

Go 10 minutes away and you have Super Walmart, Taco Bell, auto parts stores and chain restaurants. Take 375 over Transmountain and you have the outlet mall.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:20 AM

1,487 posts, read 572,187 times
Mesquite hills is fine. Mostly military, younger families. Easy commute to base. Lots of new retail, shopping and restaurants within 10 min. Never smelled anything strange there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso