U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 AM

2,625 posts, read 10,054,320 times

Advertisements

OK, this particular morning, i woke up, thinking about my great grandmother. I used to love talking to her, she had so many story's to tell. She was an Indian from Zacatecas, she got married at a real young age. I believe she was 13, when she got married, to my much older great grandfather, they had 13 children together. She was born in 1894, and died in 1989. Anyway..... she would always tell me story's of Pancho Villa, on how Pancho Villa, would go to different villages and kidnap all the pretty young ladys. She told me one time her mother had to hide her under the bed, so Pacho Villa, wouldnt kidnap her. As i grew up, i would talk to the older people on my block and to my friends great grandmothers and grandfathers, and it seemed, that all of them at 1 point in their lives, had an encounter with Pancho Villa. Do any of you ["city-data'ers"] have any storys similar to this, i know all my friends granparents and great grandparents had encountes with pancho at one time or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 04:41 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,672,071 times
I wish I had a great story to tell you Levow, the best I got is a picture of FORT BLISS back in the day he ran around here.. and a news paper clipping thats yellow and faded from back when he roamed the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso