U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-10-2015, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
275 posts, read 828,451 times
Reputation: 276

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano915 View Post
Mexican is not just a nationality, but also a culture and an ethnicity.
American is not an ethnicity, but a nationality
Mexican is not an ethnicity.

Im mexican and i dont feel identified with amerindian cultures, because im of 100% european roots, as is common in Mexico City, anyway i feel that mexicans mestizos are my bros.

Anyway, i feel happy to go to the US and listen people speaking spanish in the territories that were conquered and stolen by gringos, like 150 years ago.

It is totally true that some mexicans lose their properties when anglos appropiated our territories, and some mexicans were lynched, as with blacks did.

Hope to see the anglo flight soon in the whole southwest and Texas. This territory will be our, at least culturally.

Did you know that when Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna signed and agreement to succeed Texas to anglos, he was not the current president, and in that moment he was just a militar and that is all. Also when he signed that agreement he was a prisioner with a gun in his head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-10-2015, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
275 posts, read 828,451 times
Reputation: 276
And check, gringos still stealing our lands. This video shows how they are constructing a fence in our territory

So, many ranches owned by mexicans many years ago, were never recognized their private propierties and also anglos stole their land. so think twice raza!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzblBziLjDM

Last edited by sanluisito; 01-10-2015 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2015, 04:28 PM
 
336 posts, read 339,003 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
After learning that El Paso is a Hispanic-dominated city I was wondering if there is any discrimination faced by the Caucasian minority?

I ask this question because my sister visited the city on a business trip and told me that El Paso is more Mexican than American and that the Mexican residents tend to treat the Caucasians like outsiders. In addition, she also mentioned that many of the Hispanic residents seem to proclaim themselves as Mexican first and don't want anything to do with America.

Is this true?
Sounds like a bunch of bs that your sister heard on fox news, coupled with insecurity about her race. You know as minorites, it sure seems funny that we have do endure the majority, but when that majority becomes the minority...oh my god! The world is coming down and falling to pieces! Ive lived in places all along the border and ive never had that problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2015, 06:13 PM
 
341 posts, read 459,472 times
Reputation: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
Mexican is not an ethnicity.

Im mexican and i dont feel idenified with amerininian cultures, because im of 100% european roots, as is common in Mexico City, anyway i feel that mexicans mestizos are my bros.

Anyway, i feel happy to go to the US and listen people speaking spanish in the territories that were conquered and stolen by gringos, like 150 years ago.
Those parts of the US are no more "stolen" than Mexico was "stolen" from Amerindians by YOUR European ancestors. Anyway, it was over 150 years ago. Get over it already.

Quote:
It is totally true that some mexicans lose their properties when anglos appropiated our territories, and some mexicans were lynched, as with blacks did.
Yes, bad things happened. Now, you wanna talk all the horrible things that the Europeans did to Amerindians in Mexico? All the slavery, rape and murder?? Or how about the way that Mexico's mostly white ruling upper class is still mistreating Mexican Amerindians??

Oh, you don't? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Quote:
Hope to see the anglo flight soon in the whole southwest and Texas. This territory will be our, at least culturally
And by "our", you mean who exactly? If you are 100% of European ancesty then you have no more native ties to this land than myself or anyone else.

Now, please go away and find somewhere else to try and spread your useless anti-Anglo propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2015, 06:27 PM
 
341 posts, read 459,472 times
Reputation: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Sounds like a bunch of bs that your sister heard on fox news, coupled with insecurity about her race. You know as minorites, it sure seems funny that we have do endure the majority, but when that majority becomes the minority...oh my god! The world is coming down and falling to pieces! Ive lived in places all along the border and ive never had that problem.
You said in your other posts that YOU are Hispanic, so of course YOU wouldn't have that problem. Anyway, the OP just asked a curious question, the OP didn't claim "the world is coming down and falling to pieces" and it was like years ago anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2015, 07:10 PM
 
58 posts, read 67,442 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Sounds like a bunch of bs that your sister heard on fox news, coupled with insecurity about her race. You know as minorites, it sure seems funny that we have do endure the majority, but when that majority becomes the minority...oh my god! The world is coming down and falling to pieces! Ive lived in places all along the border and ive never had that problem.
I see the same thing happen over in the Ohau forums - people post all the time asking if Hawaii is too "Hawaiian" and if, as a caucasian, they will experience bullying and harassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2015, 03:16 AM
 
336 posts, read 339,003 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by unnativeelpasoan View Post
You said in your other posts that YOU are Hispanic, so of course YOU wouldn't have that problem. Anyway, the OP just asked a curious question, the OP didn't claim "the world is coming down and falling to pieces" and it was like years ago anyway...
Wow, you must be a stalker and a stage 5 clinger to go through my posts. Thats minda creepy man, as for what i said, thats MY business NOT YOURS and not every hispanic thinks alike or treats people tbe same. And by the tone of the post, it did sound like the sister was exaggerating anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker313 View Post
I see the same thing happen over in the Ohau forums - people post all the time asking if Hawaii is too "Hawaiian" and if, as a caucasian, they will experience bullying and harassment.
We should just tell them yes so they wont go lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2015, 09:20 AM
 
575 posts, read 629,581 times
Reputation: 482
ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2015, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,397 posts, read 8,358,233 times
Reputation: 7681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
After learning that El Paso is a Hispanic-dominated city I was wondering if there is any discrimination faced by the Caucasian minority?

I ask this question because my sister visited the city on a business trip and told me that El Paso is more Mexican than American and that the Mexican residents tend to treat the Caucasians like outsiders. In addition, she also mentioned that many of the Hispanic residents seem to proclaim themselves as Mexican first and don't want anything to do with America.

Is this true?
se habla español
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2015, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
275 posts, read 828,451 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by unnativeelpasoan View Post
Those parts of the US are no more "stolen" than Mexico was "stolen" from Amerindians by YOUR European ancestors. Anyway, it was over 150 years ago. Get over it already.



Yes, bad things happened. Now, you wanna talk all the horrible things that the Europeans did to Amerindians in Mexico? All the slavery, rape and murder?? Or how about the way that Mexico's mostly white ruling upper class is still mistreating Mexican Amerindians??

Oh, you don't? Yeah, I didn't think so.



And by "our", you mean who exactly? If you are 100% of European ancesty then you have no more native ties to this land than myself or anyone else.

Now, please go away and find somewhere else to try and spread your useless anti-Anglo propaganda.
Murder? I see every day in the streets that 9.5/10 look with something amerind. Also i read on books that there were universities for amerind, and amerind keep their own land and never were send to reserves in the desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top