U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 PM

756 posts, read 1,756,447 times

Advertisements

Thanks both of you guys, I also love the mountains thinking about getting a cabin up there now but I can not pick one every time I think I have one pick out I find a diff. one so I am sitting up trying to find a good cabin by the water for trout fishing and well they all say they are near the water so I do not know which one to pick.
if any of you guys know anything about the cabin rentals please let me know they are like 100!! to pick from and knowing my luck I will pick the one the sucks!!because I do not know where it is so for you guys that know the area let me know what am i looking for?????
thanks again both of you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 05:01 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,978,090 times
Southern Bliss....as for Cabins up there i have never personally stayed at them because we always camped at the campgrounds there when we were kids and teens. I have had people people tell me in the past that the ''Spruce'' cabins and the ''Buckhorn'' cabins are the best for Cloudcroft. They're right in the heart of town. Just remember if the Forest is closed then i'm not sure if only the Campgrounds are closed or all the Hiking trails along the Rim also. You may want to call the Lincoln National Forest and ask them what you can and can't do and/or maybe calling the Chamber of Commerce up there as i listed both sites for info and numbers for you. I hear they have Helicoptors patrolling the Mountains looking for fires.

If you ever make it up there sometime Southern Bliss one thing you'll notice is you can smell all the Pine in the air up there as it's almost an eroctic scent if i'm making sense....lol...... I just roll my windows down in my vehicle when i'm up there and the scent is just powerful to me

Things to do, Activities and Recreation around Cloudcroft

Lincoln National Forest - USDA Forest Service

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 06-25-2008 at 05:19 AM..

Old 06-25-2008, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Well guess what your right, no swimming.. whew I did not know that, went swimming in them a couple times ( skinny Dipping ) back in the day with girlfriends I would take up there to well lets just say go swimming with.

Well I may have to make a trip up to Elephant Butte then.. rent a jet ski and have some fun. Wonder if the goats are still on the island.
I'm not sure why they won't allow swimming....maybe it's to preserve the ''Pristineness'' of the mountains. Yeap i have seen people jump in and swim before but i guess they just chance it. Also the water in those lakes are extremely murkey and there are snakes that swim in them and also the water in them is very chilly as you would hardly breath if you jumped in i assume.

But it is beautiful up in them as that's why i like Alamogordo as your only 10 minutes from the cities northern edge to the Tunnel and once thru your in Pine Trees and forest for 100's of square miles. I think that's part of the reason Alamo is swelling with Retirees and Sunbirds moving there. Like being up in Colorado or Montana and yet only a 100 miles or so from the American/Mexican border.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:17 PM

756 posts, read 1,756,447 times
Thanks you have been alot of help now I need to do my homework!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:10 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,051,215 times
Quote:
10 minutes from the cities northern edge to the Tunnel and once thru your in Pine Trees and forest for 100's of square miles.
Thats funny Muhnay, thats where i got lost on my trip last march to Ruidoso, it was beautiful, nothing but huge pine trees surrounding us. We saw a huge moose too, it was nice, nothing but winding roads, trees, stars, and cloudless skys.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Thats funny Muhnay, thats where i got lost on my trip last march to Ruidoso, it was beautiful, nothing but huge pine trees surrounding us. We saw a huge moose too, it was nice, nothing but winding roads, trees, stars, and cloudless skys.
You were about 40 miles southwest of Ruidoso Levow

Old 06-26-2008, 06:55 PM

114 posts, read 317,664 times
There are two Independence Day parades; one on the east side (33 years old) and the west side. The east side will end at Album park and there will be all kinds of activities. Ascarate and Chamizal will have Independence Day celebrations and fireworks.

I remember when Ft. Bliss had firework displays in the 70's. why don't they have them anymore? The country clubs will also have celebrations and fireworks.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:19 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner72 View Post
There are two Independence Day parades; one on the east side (33 years old) and the west side. The east side will end at Album park and there will be all kinds of activities. Ascarate and Chamizal will have Independence Day celebrations and fireworks.

I remember when Ft. Bliss had firework displays in the 70's. why don't they have them anymore? The country clubs will also have celebrations and fireworks.

For fireworks there's nothing like the Montana Wars. Kind of spectacular and pretty unsafe. Down by the river it gets pretty nuts too.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:31 AM

Southern Bliss..... i heard on the news that the Lincoln National forrest wil open up to people on July 2 so if you decide to go there you can hike all the rim trails or hangout wherever up there. Just no Campfires as it's extremely dry up there still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or