U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:14 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,931,397 times

Advertisements

Must be plentiful. Although I am no longer looking (just accepted a position), I get at least one call a day for positions in El Paso.

And the pay is decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 10:37 AM

729 posts, read 1,770,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Must be plentiful. Although I am no longer looking (just accepted a position), I get at least one call a day for positions in El Paso.

And the pay is decent.
What is your profession if I may ask? I am curious to know what kind of job would get alot of call backs for ELP.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 AM

1,434 posts, read 2,703,284 times
Plentiful Jobs and El Paso are not really mentioned in the same sentance very often. You must be one in a million or have some very unique skill set.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:13 AM

I'm a Business, Marketing, and Technical Writer. Been doing it for almost 20 years.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,670,223 times
Well lets not over look the most important part of your message.. you got a job!

CONGRATS!

Is it in El Paso Syn? Guess I better go back to school then.. seems like you found the niche in El Paso everyone is looking for.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Well lets not over look the most important part of your message.. you got a job!

CONGRATS!

Is it in El Paso Syn? Guess I better go back to school then.. seems like you found the niche in El Paso everyone is looking for.
Hey, thanks very much Muhnay! Yes, that IS the most important part of my message (to me at least).

I live in the DFW area, and was offered a job (locally) that will allow me to telecommute, at least most of the time. So, I'll be staying in DFW for the time being.

I was curious about all of the calls for writing jobs in El Paso. Several of them are with the Department of the Army (Patriot missiles and such).

The El Paso forum is one of my favorite forums; you are really decent people and I enjoy chatting with you all. Whenever I hear good news about El Paso, I smile.

Keep your chin up El Paso, and enjoy those beautiful mountain vistas!

Old 06-27-2008, 01:34 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,670,223 times
Quote:
Hey, thanks very much Muhnay!

I was curious about all of the calls for writing jobs in El Paso. Several of them are with the Department of the Army (Patriot missiles and such).
First.. Your Welcome. =)

Second, if its with the Army Patriot Missile and such those jobs will be going to Fort Sill soon. Fort Bliss is changing its mission. But I guess new jobs like the ones you mention would come in and fill the ones leaving.

I know the MWR on Fort Bliss is gearing up to hire another 300 people very shortly.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
First.. Your Welcome. =)

Second, if its with the Army Patriot Missile and such those jobs will be going to Fort Sill soon. Fort Bliss is changing its mission. But I guess new jobs like the ones you mention would come in and fill the ones leaving.

I know the MWR on Fort Bliss is gearing up to hire another 300 people very shortly.
It's good to hear they are infilling jobs that are leaving. I like to hear good things for El Paso.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:26 AM

1,434 posts, read 2,703,284 times
Quote:
I'm a Business, Marketing, and Technical Writer. Been doing it for almost 20 years.
Well thats one job I think 90% of people of EP cant do. Although I am not a technical wiriter ( am an engineer by trade although now in Quality Assurance) I have done my share in the business I am in (medical device manufacturing). So I know how "tricky" that type of writing can be, especially if the documentation will be reviewed by a regulatory agency like the FDA.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Well thats one job I think 90% of people of EP cant do. Although I am not a technical wiriter ( am an engineer by trade although now in Quality Assurance) I have done my share in the business I am in (medical device manufacturing). So I know how "tricky" that type of writing can be, especially if the documentation will be reviewed by a regulatory agency like the FDA.
Hey lipbalm, I have seven years of experience in Medical Device (Research & Development). Yes, those FDA regs are stiff!

And to boot, before I was a writer, I was a Metrology Lab Manager. I think you know what that is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso