U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 03:51 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,665,726 times

Advertisements

No not gambling.. Gaming like Warhammer 40K, or Magic the Gathering, or Dungeons & Dragons.

Are there any Game stores left in El Paso? I used to own one a few years back here, but the market at the time started to change from Tabletop to PC or Console gaming.. Since this is a game discussion, where do you all get your PC and Console Game products as well?

I have noticed that K-mart, EB Games, and Gamestop all don't carry PC games any longer. Wal*mart does, other than that I don't know many places that do.. wonder why that is?

Are there any Internet Cafe's in El Paso ( I used to own 1337c@fe as part of my game store ) and I have not seen any internet cafes where a gamer can hang at either.. are there any?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 05:02 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,978,090 times
What happened to your stores Muhnay ?? Not enough business or too many regulations etc... Can you start another one......

Sidenote: There is a now a Las Cruces Sub Forum in the New Mexico forums as you asked a question about LC but in the wrong forum in so the mod may move it if you go looking for it later on. I hope the SUPER FRIENDLY El Paso posters go on it sometimes as we need posters over there

Old 06-30-2008, 03:49 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,665,726 times
Well I moved a while back, and sold it.. the guy I sold it too lasted 2 months and closed.

Also like I said things started to change from tabletop gaming to PC & console stuff, and less people were buying the role playing games and miniatures. I told the guy I sold it too to branch out into PC and console games.. but he didn't and he closed up shop.

I do have a new idea I am writing a business plan up for now.. I don't want to reveal too much.. but it will give Gamestop and places like it a run for their money.. that is if I can get the bank or investors to lend me the money to get this thing going..

Old 07-01-2008, 09:42 AM

21,029 posts, read 15,237,623 times
Wow, that sure brought back some memories I remember one friend spending hours painting all her little counterparts. She also had the best collection of dice I've ever seen. I wonder if she still has them...

The last store I saw that still sold table-top stuff was in Tempe, at the Mills Mall, probably no more than two years ago. It stood out for me 'cause it had been such a long time since I saw all the little guys all lined up ready to go.

Anyway, my son, the PC gamer extraordinaire, gets most of his stuff online, once in while he finds something in GameStop, but they stock so few PC games that apparently you have to be in the store the day of release to have a chance at snagging a copy.

Someone did open a gaming cafe in Las Cruces not too long ago called 'Red Zone.' Don't know much about it, other than it seems to cost quite a bit to play for any length of time.

Good luck with your new endeavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or