U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 08:11 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,177,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What astounding thing do you want to happen here that happens somewhere else?

Is it skyscrapers? Or a big amusement park?

I think the astounding thing about El Paso is the sun shines almost every day, you don't freeze to death in the winter, the Franklins and the sunsets really are astounding and they happen daily.
As does the sun shine and winters are warm in [throw a dart on the map of the earth within the width of a six thousand mile band around the equator]. You also forgot the other part of the mantra 'El Paso is the 2nd safest city in the US with a population of it's size'.

Perhaps it's that beautiful sunset that hypnotizes people there and makes them "calm".

In all seriousness, you are correct about the weather and sunsets in El Paso, both are great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 08:43 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,785,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I think El Paso is more complacent than calm. The reason for this is nothing acutely astounding ever happens in El Paso, sadly.

Ya thats true nothing ever really happens there.. I wanna know why El Paso isnt so famous for concerts..?
No bands really perform there, compared to Denver, Albuquerque, or Tucson.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:19 AM

14 posts, read 44,504 times
I honestly understand what you mean. I have never lived in El Paso, but all my family is from there. I grew up in So Cal, I live just 15 minutes away from Anaheim, from my front yard you can see the Disneyland fireworks. My parents who both lived in El Paso(my mom was born and raised in Juarez but then came over to El Paso) and they do miss it.

Everytime we go to EL Paso i feel so happy, its calming,its something that i have never felt here in So Cal.

Everyone is always in a rush, no one ever takes time to enjoy anything, here in California your either coming or going half the time, and the other half your trying to impress someone. Its a superficial world here, and i want to get away, the only thing keeping me here is the fact that i just turned 18 and my parents want me to attend college here since there is no good mortuary Science programs in El Paso lol.

Anytime my mom and i want to get away from here we go to my Abuelitas house. From there we are connected to everyone, out here in California the only family we have is my Abuelito and my moms half-siblings.

El Paso lives in the moment, for me there is no feeling like driving towards El Paso and stopping at the rest area right before Anthony and seeing the city lights.

My take on El Paso is that it is AMAZING. I have been to several places, but nothing compares to El Paso =)

You all are truly lucky!

Old 07-18-2008, 11:24 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Quote:
As does the sun shine and winters are warm in [throw a dart on the map of the earth within the width of a six thousand mile band around the equator]. You also forgot the other part of the mantra 'El Paso is the 2nd safest city in the US with a population of it's size'.

Perhaps it's that beautiful sunset that hypnotizes people there and makes them "calm".

In all seriousness, you are correct about the weather and sunsets in El Paso, both are great.
Well put HookTheBrotherUp !!! I always been amazed at it's constantly low crime/murder rankings up there with San Jose and Honolulu.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:19 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,661,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Ya thats true nothing ever really happens there.. I wanna know why El Paso isnt so famous for concerts..?
SIMPLE.. Pre-sales. If they don't sell a certain amount prior to a set date, they figure there is no interest and skip the venue. Thats what living in the moment does for you.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
SIMPLE.. Pre-sales. If they don't sell a certain amount prior to a set date, they figure there is no interest and skip the venue. Thats what living in the moment does for you.
Poor the youth of El Paso.. El Paso doesnt seem very Entertainment friendly from the start.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:54 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,177,518 times
I think it's more the city's fault, not the fans. When I lived there the city did not have nice venues for concerts, certainly no outdoor venue. Often times we had to go to Las Cruses for a show because the city did not have a large enough place. El Paso had the colesium, and if you think its bad now, you should have seen the place back in the late 70's, or early 80's.

I'm not sure when the EPCC was updated, but it was a dump before. I went to try to see Bad Company there, there were no more tickets. Yet they had this shabby looking black door with just a door knob that you find at Walmart for 2 bucks. Just for the heck, I tried to open it, it wouldn't. So I grabbed on real tight and forced it to turn. Guess what, it opened and it led to the path to the back stage! That simple, or that cheap. We all got in for free, no one checked us.

But anyway, I started a thread on this topic a while back, there certainly have been some good bands visit El Paso.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I think it's more the city's fault, not the fans. When I lived there the city did not have nice venues for concerts, certainly no outdoor venue. Often times we had to go to Las Cruses for a show because the city did not have a large enough place. El Paso had the colesium, and if you think its bad now, you should have seen the place back in the late 70's, or early 80's.

I'm not sure when the EPCC was updated, but it was a dump before. I went to try to see Bad Company there, there were no more tickets. Yet they had this shabby looking black door with just a door knob that you find at Walmart for 2 bucks. Just for the heck, I tried to open it, it wouldn't. So I grabbed on real tight and forced it to turn. Guess what, it opened and it led to the path to the back stage! That simple, or that cheap. We all got in for free, no one checked us.

But anyway, I started a thread on this topic a while back, there certainly have been some good bands visit El Paso.

Ya in some sense i know its gettin better, here in albuquerque we see tons of bands coming here now, dispite the smaller concert halls.. but i was just wonder'in.. thanks..

Old 07-21-2008, 04:40 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
At least for me if i need all that stuff i'll move to Tampa, Atlanta or Denver as i like EP's laid back attitude. Drinking a dark Negro Modelo and having an great El Pasoan Enchilada meal and seeing the beautiful Sunsets or arising early in the morning and having a fresh brew of joe or Green Tea and seeing the inspiring Sunrise makes it nice and then swimming all day by the pool and getting tanned .

No more rat races for me !!!!!!!

You sure sound insecure bradly......as you are always bashing us and bragging about your albuquerque well no one in El Paso cares about your city good or bad as your 300 miles north of here but you sure get defensive when others have gone on those albuquerque/espanola threads and put down albuquerque and espanola. No one here in EP has gone up there to put down your city !!! Lets see you go up to the Denver forums and put them down and brag about your city over Denver and see what they say!!!!!

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 07-21-2008 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: changes 6/3

Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
At least for me if i need all that stuff i'll move to Tampa, Atlanta or Denver as i like EP's laid back attitude. Drinking a dark Negro Modelo and having an great El Pasoan Enchilada meal and seeing the beautiful Sunsets or arising early in the morning and having a fresh brew of joe or Green Tea and seeing the inspiring Sunrise makes it nice and then swimming all day by the pool and getting tanned .

No more rat races for me !!!!!!!

You sure sound insecure bradly......as you are always bashing us and bragging about your albuquerque well no one in El Paso cares about your city good or bad as your 300 miles north of here but you sure get defensive when others have gone on those albuquerque/espanola threads and put down albuquerque and espanola. No one here in EP has gone up there to put down your city !!! Lets see you go up to the Denver forums and put them down and brag about your city over Denver and see what they say!!!!!
Now why would anyone put down denver hahahah that city is one of the best in the country silly

My family lives there bust even if they didint thats my dream city haha how could you compare..?

Weno mister.. i think your insecure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or