U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:18 PM

246 posts, read 517,182 times

Advertisements

nice pics chuco. Just enjoy the green while it lasts. You almost don't recognize El Paso since there is so much around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 07:20 AM

507 posts, read 1,410,222 times
Really nice pics Chuco. Wow its really beautiful down there! I wish i was there to see "green" El Paso! It somehow looks a little wierd in a way too lol

Old 08-23-2008, 07:31 AM

729 posts, read 1,769,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
Here are a few pics I was able to take earlier today. Its pretty green all over the place.

East/Central El Paso close to where I live.
This last pic...that is on Trowbridge near Lorreto Academy correct? I used to live pretty close to there. I used to live in the Chelmont Area.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:13 PM

874 posts, read 2,652,100 times
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I actually like the desert environment a lot..so I'm not used to all the green around here.. but it is really nice to have it like this once in a while for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth from ELP View Post
This last pic...that is on Trowbridge near Lorreto Academy correct? I used to live pretty close to there. I used to live in the Chelmont Area.
Smooth, this picture was taken on Hastings Dr. just north of Trowbridge.. this street also becomes Timberwolf Dr..just a little further east of this location.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:11 AM

729 posts, read 1,769,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I actually like the desert environment a lot..so I'm not used to all the green around here.. but it is really nice to have it like this once in a while for me.

Smooth, this picture was taken on Hastings Dr. just north of Trowbridge.. this street also becomes Timberwolf Dr..just a little further east of this location.
Oh your right. I am afraid I am starting loose my bearings in ELP. Been away too long.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:21 AM

1,433 posts, read 2,701,005 times
I was in EP last week and flying in you could see the desert had a green "fuzz" type of turff over it.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:58 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,661,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
WOW! Those are great pics. I just wish it stayed that way all year round!!
You may get your wish. I was reading a report that said El Paso's Climate is changing to a more humid San Antonio like climate and less of a desert dry climate we have had for many years now.

http://www.twdb.state.tx.us/wrpi/climate/climate_conference.htm (broken link)

http://www.nextgenerationearth.org/contents/view/56

Sorta related.. Shocking to me..

http://www.earthday.net/UER/report/tx_elpaso.html (broken link)

Last edited by Muhnay; 08-26-2008 at 06:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso