U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:49 PM

874 posts, read 2,652,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc el paso View Post
Anyone has any latest renderings for any of these projects?
You have probably already seen this, usmc el paso, but if you haven't..this is just a map of all the projects that were approved in the $1 billion Mobility Plan that was approved last year. It also gives a time line as to when they should get started on these projects.
http://www.elpasompo.org/Portals/0/2008CMP-7-18-08.pdf (broken link)

I haven't seen any new renderings of the projects, just these maps and the older renderings that have been posted on these forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 10:00 PM

3,853 posts, read 11,420,846 times
This sounds very similar to the trans texas corridor, doesn't it?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 PM

53 posts, read 211,880 times
El Paso freeways are good, the spahgetti bowl was built in the mid 70s, was the largest at time. It connects I-10, The Patriot Frwy and the Border Hwy (loop 375). It is also larger than the Big I in Abq. All Spahgetti Bowl ramps are two lanes while the big I are single lanes. The Big I seems like lots of waste of concrete. The I-10/Americas Interchange Stack will also be huge like the spahgetti bowl. Pictures from TXDOT look awesome. The The Patriot frwy/ Spur 601 interchange under construction is begining to look like another mini spahgetti bowl. El Paso freeways are in the right track!

Old 08-12-2009, 07:43 PM

799 posts, read 2,578,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by z714w View Post
El Paso freeways are good, the spahgetti bowl was built in the mid 70s, was the largest at time. It connects I-10, The Patriot Frwy and the Border Hwy (loop 375). It is also larger than the Big I in Abq. All Spahgetti Bowl ramps are two lanes while the big I are single lanes. The Big I seems like lots of waste of concrete. The I-10/Americas Interchange Stack will also be huge like the spahgetti bowl. Pictures from TXDOT look awesome. The The Patriot frwy/ Spur 601 interchange under construction is begining to look like another mini spahgetti bowl. El Paso freeways are in the right track!
LOL!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 AM

In regards to observe's postings, He or she is totally wrong about El Paso, Ive been to abq many times, it is not larger nor does it have more amenties. People in abq have this thing going on- they want to act and look like a big city, which they're not. The abq metro area? consist of other counties and communites far from the city. El Paso? 260 square miles and an international metroplex with 3 million people. YES El Paso is LARGER and more urban.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM

TO OBERVE: STUPID? El Paso is larger (not that it matters) the El Paso Metro consist only of El Paso County, there are New Mexico communities that border the city limit and the county- Anthony Pop. 10,000- Chaparral-25,000, Sunland Park 20,000 they are not included in the El Paso Metro. which they should be. Estimates show that El Paso also has over 60,000 residents from Juarez that have duel residency and are not counted in the census. Goverment estimates that by 2012 El Paso will have a population of 950,000 due to Ft Bliss Expansion and the New Medical School. Abq metro is including 3 counties and small communites miles away. As far as the Big I- the spahgetti bowl is larger and more entertwined, only Dallas had a bigger stack at the time it was built. the Big I is more spread apart, doesn't mean its bigger. The I-10 Americas interchange will be even larger and nicer design than the dull Big I.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:28 PM

799 posts, read 2,578,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by z714w View Post
TO OBERVE: STUPID? El Paso is larger (not that it matters) the El Paso Metro consist only of El Paso County, there are New Mexico communities that border the city limit and the county- Anthony Pop. 10,000- Chaparral-25,000, Sunland Park 20,000 they are not included in the El Paso Metro. which they should be. Estimates show that El Paso also has over 60,000 residents from Juarez that have duel residency and are not counted in the census. Goverment estimates that by 2012 El Paso will have a population of 950,000 due to Ft Bliss Expansion and the New Medical School. Abq metro is including 3 counties and small communites miles away. As far as the Big I- the spahgetti bowl is larger and more entertwined, only Dallas had a bigger stack at the time it was built. the Big I is more spread apart, doesn't mean its bigger. The I-10 Americas interchange will be even larger and nicer design than the dull Big I.
LOL

Old 08-18-2009, 01:29 PM

you are FUNNY! (maybe also weird) those are the estimates for EL PASO CITY COUNTY, That's it! again Abq includes all of central NM! almost all the state. Abq is a small trash can compared to El Paso. AnthonyNM, Sunland Prk,NM, Santa Teresa, NM, La Union, NM, Chamberino, NM Chaparral, NM, all next to the El Paso city and county limits- approx. population over 60,000 and not part of the El Paso metro, Abq included far away communites for its metro status to alocate federal goverment funds. kinda like welfare and goverment assistance. lol. get real! El Paso is Larger and more city and county populated

Old 08-18-2009, 06:06 PM

observe ; LOL you truly must be from abq! your behavior is like most dumb people in abq. How old are You? 15? Tall bdlgs, real cities?? etc. are you saying abq is a real city?? lol!! please!! for your info. been coast to coast- Favorite cities- San Antonio, TX, Austin, TX, Denver CO., San Francisco, CA, and Boston, MA. The only thing New Mexcio has going is the mountains that's it! OBSERVE all the facts of El Paso all over the internet. El Paso is El Paso- unlike abq that wants to be something its NOT! the airport is the only one in NM, remember there are 5 major cities in Texas which serve as hubs for el paso- I can go on and on to dispute your abq dumb opinions!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:37 PM

BY USMC: According to studies by the epwu the Greater El Paso Area which consists of El Paso & Dona Ana Counties will reach 1,052,000 inhabitants in the next two years. According to the article the Greater El Paso population was 927,000 in 2005 and will be adding about 25000 people per year over the next few years. Keep in mind that a lot of the growth will be fueled by the massive Ft Bliss expansion. The article also states that there will be between 2,000 to 2,500 high tech jobs created in part to the Future Combat Systems at Biggs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or