Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:05 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times

Advertisements

Bradly, I'm sure that El Paso will do just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 09:21 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,986,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Bradly, I'm sure that El Paso will do just fine.
I'm sure they will

Old 07-21-2008, 09:49 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
'Back to what I said about politics and funding... check this out on Houston. This is the type of thing El Paso needs to do..

$1.6 million in lobbying gets Medical Center $3 billion in cash | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)

Old 07-21-2008, 10:06 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
'Back to what I said about politics and funding... check this out on Houston. This is the type of thing El Paso needs to do..

$1.6 million in lobbying gets Medical Center $3 billion in cash | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)
LOL....For sure that's what EP needs to do but......i think the city for now is grateful for the $1 billion in new freeways and the $4 billion for Ft. Bliss. It's great that BRAC took care of Ft. Bliss and White Sands Missle Range and Holloman AFB as the area is grateful for the Military and their families also .

Maybe i should E-Mail that clip to City Hall ....lol.....

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 07-21-2008 at 10:15 AM..

Old 07-23-2008, 02:16 AM

879 posts, read 3,037,012 times
Here is a map and list of El Paso's 2008 Comprehensive Mobility Plan:
http://www.elpasompo.org/Portals/0/2008CMP-7-18-08.pdf (broken link)
It is a pdf file.

The $1 billion plan was unanimously approved by the city council yesterday, and will likely be passed by everyone else later this year. It all looks exciting and well planned out to me. Lots of great improvements will be made that will help out our traffic situation in El Paso.. big time!

I remember when all we had was I-10 ... now we will have a beautified I-10, the Patriot freeway that is currently being expanded and beautified as well, a completed Loop 375 with express lanes, the Inner Loop Freeway (which is already under construction), and the Northeast Parkway.. Wow! and I believe this is just the beginning folks.

Downtown renovation, a new Children's hospital, $4.5 billion Ft. Bliss expansion, a new 4 year state-of-the-art medical school, UTEP's huge expansion, Airport renovation, $1 billion in highway projects... etc.. exciting times lay ahead for El Paso.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 AM

21 posts, read 40,752 times
http://www.elpasomobility.org/maps.html (broken link) awesome videos showing the improvements to our transportation systems.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
El Paso is gonna get Stacked.. Wow.. maybe we'll look like the Houston freeway system soon?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:33 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
Here is a map and list of El Paso's 2008 Comprehensive Mobility Plan:
http://www.elpasompo.org/Portals/0/2008CMP-7-18-08.pdf (broken link)
It is a pdf file.

The $1 billion plan was unanimously approved by the city council yesterday, and will likely be passed by everyone else later this year. It all looks exciting and well planned out to me. Lots of great improvements will be made that will help out our traffic situation in El Paso.. big time!

I remember when all we had was I-10 ... now we will have a beautified I-10, the Patriot freeway that is currently being expanded and beautified as well, a completed Loop 375 with express lanes, the Inner Loop Freeway (which is already under construction), and the Northeast Parkway.. Wow! and I believe this is just the beginning folks.

Downtown renovation, a new Children's hospital, $4.5 billion Ft. Bliss expansion, a new 4 year state-of-the-art medical school, UTEP's huge expansion, Airport renovation, $1 billion in highway projects... etc.. exciting times lay ahead for El Paso.

Nice Info Chuco !!!!

Old 07-23-2008, 12:38 PM

710 posts, read 2,961,977 times
Congrats EP, I wish ABQ and NM had enough money to build a loop here in ABQ. It is so badly needed, this could really help EP become one of the fastest growing cities in the SW if not the nation. Anytime you invest a $1 billion into infrastructure, other development follows suit very soon there after. The problem in the past is that cities would build up then think of infrastructure, but developers today want the roads first. That being the case, EP is positioning themselves very well for the future. CONGRATS AGAIN!

Old 07-23-2008, 01:37 PM

710 posts, read 2,961,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
This has to be the Ugliest highway system I have ever seen. It also looks very unsafe.
It's not dangerous at all, and now that it has been landscaped it's actually quite beautiful. Not trying to get in a pissing contest here, but it is much better looking than the Spaghetti Bowl, or anything I've seen in Tucson or Phoenix as well. But prior to the landscaping it wasn't much to look at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso