U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 12:46 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,053,382 times

Advertisements

Im back my fellow city data [ers], the kids tried their best, we lost by 1 to the eventual champions of the tournament. We were down, 2 to 8, with 2 outs and our last at bat, then the kids came back, with a vengeance, we scored an amazing 9 RUNS with 2 outs, and were up 11 to 8. Finally the Kings had their last at bat, and came back and scored 4 runs on us, final score was 11 to 12. The Park director, told us that EL Paso was the "talk of the Tournament". We beat the favorites to win the tournament twice, the Tigers from there in Louisiana. Everybody was amazed that we had driven all the way over there, bumped into 2 people that used to live in El Paso, they were rooting for us, one was a retired teacher from Andress, and the other lady was from andress also. If your interested in checking out the pics from the tourney log on to Musemeche Photography and click on 2008 usssa world series under cypress mounds 9 and under, our team was the El Paso Strikeforce. My son is number 27. Anyway, it was beautiful in Baton Rouge, nothing like i have ever seen, green all over, the freeways medians, looked like parks lol. I think aesthetic wise, its perfect, ideal, serene, but the weather SUUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!! I had to take 3 showers a day!!!! We went to New Orleans, Bourbon ST, and listened to some Jazz, had fried alligator, it was very very very cool, in n.o. The locals though, im sad to report, were not very friendly, most african americans over there, didnt seem to like us beaners very much, the white people though, class acts all across the board!!! The "Gueritas" beatiful, like britney in her prime We went to an alligator tour also, it was one of the coolest experiences, ever!!!! Their was 200 alligators in the swamps, little ones, teeangers, and big ole fat ones, me & my son got to carry a 50 pounder, took pics, hopefully i can upload them so u guys can check them out. Got to hold a possum, a nutria, which is a huge rat with neon orange teeth native to lousiana. LSU STADIUM and the mighty mississipi, very impressive!!!!! i had an incredible time!!! Beaumont, ahhhh not impressed. Minute Main park in Houston, awesome, San Antonio is growing alot, considering moving there!! Got caugh in a real rainstorm over there, scary!!!! Very happy to come home, and very happy that i have grass all over my backyard now!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 12:55 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,441,002 times
What a cool trip report!!! What's a beaner?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
What a cool trip report!!! What's a beaner?
mexican american lol

Old 07-21-2008, 01:11 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,670,223 times
WELL GRATS on your almost WIN! You represented El Paso Well.. and we all should be proud of that fact.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:30 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,188,397 times
I saw the photos, looks like it was a lot of fun for the kids.

Did you drive through Houston on your way back? I see you went to Minute Maid park, so that is why I ask. It is nice to take the family to the ballpark, isn't it?

If you did drive, you no doubt saw all the construction on I10. They are almost done. It's also good the storm entering the Gulf waited until tomorrow/Wednesday. 'Looks like we will get diluged by the rain in the next couple of days, Houston turns into a swamp very quickly as it is flat as a pancake.

BTW, regarding the humidity and showers, this is something I have never gotten used to. I've lived in Houston now over 25 years, I still don't love the place, nor have I ever gotten used to the humidity, but I do tolerate it. San Antnio can get just as humid too, however!

Old 07-21-2008, 05:15 PM

Yes hook, we drove 16 hrs back, we were going to stay in San Antonio, but most all hotels were booked, cheapest one we found was 179.oo. I liked Houston, saw how well the express lane worked. San Antonio, is growing by leaps & bounds, kinda almost got lost on their freeway, i would definately live in s.a. I loved Houstons skyline, very impressive. I enjoyed all the stadiums & architecture, we saw the Superdome in n.o, very surreal, LSU stadium wow!!!!,Minute Maid, very nice, i was looking for the Toyota Center, but didnt see it. We saw the stadium where the Ragin Cajuns play and ofcourse the Alamodome. East & Central Texas have a total different vibe than west Texas, alot of big texas flags waving all over, people are proud texans over there!

Old 07-21-2008, 06:04 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,188,397 times
I'm sorry you did not find the Toyota Center, it was only a few blocks east of Minute Maid Park.

You are right about Texas flags over here, anywhere you see the American flag, you will see the Texas one right next to it. People are very proud to say they are from Texas. In fact, when I go conferences and I am asked where I am from, I usually just say Texas, and Houston if they ask again. I guess you see the Mexican flag more than you see the Texas flag in El Paso.

That is one hell of a drive; I used to do it when I was still a teenager living in Houston, I can only imagine drivng from Louisiana.

Again, great job.

Regards

Old 07-21-2008, 08:00 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,441,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
mexican american lol
Oh ok. I didn't know.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:48 PM

756 posts, read 1,756,860 times
I just found this post I am glad u made it back safely and had a good time.The weather takes a little getting use to in the south, I am sorry some people were rude just goes to show there are jerks everywhere you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or