U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 09:28 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,663,299 times

Advertisements

Soldier charged with shooting near club - El Paso Times

Its already starting and we have yet to get the brunt of soldiers here. This so reminds me of the 3rd CAV days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 10:03 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,701,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Soldier charged with shooting near club - El Paso Times

Its already starting and we have yet to get the brunt of soldiers here. This so reminds me of the 3rd CAV days.
Hey muhnay, i was kind of young during those days but I think I remember hearing about all the trouble soldiers used to get into. Maybe it's the age old forumula: young+alcohol +away from home+no responsibility= trouble

Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,663,299 times
It might just be.. also the Army has lowered its standards a bunch.. they will take just about anyone right now.. to help fight the war on terror. So when you lower your standards you get what your after a lower class of soldier... also known as fodder.

Lipbalm, do you remember "The All Graders Club" on Biggs? My dad used to manage the place.. it was a mad house, it had a nick name.. "The Shooting Gallery".

I remember 3rd CAV so well.. and thats why I have been saying all along that we are in for some fun times ahead. CAV is CAV, and these CAV soldiers have some war torn problems they will bring back with them.. so its gonna be an interesting time ahead. Good bye second safest city award El Paso.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:35 AM

1,433 posts, read 2,701,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
It might just be.. also the Army has lowered its standards a bunch.. they will take just about anyone right now.. to help fight the war on terror. So when you lower your standards you get what your after a lower class of soldier... also known as fodder.

Lipbalm, do you remember "The All Graders Club" on Biggs? My dad used to manage the place.. it was a mad house, it had a nick name.. "The Shooting Gallery".

I remember 3rd CAV so well.. and thats why I have been saying all along that we are in for some fun times ahead. CAV is CAV, and these CAV soldiers have some war torn problems they will bring back with them.. so its gonna be an interesting time ahead. Good bye second safest city award El Paso.
I think that second safest city title might me in jeapordy too. But oh well, you can't have it both ways, increase in crime just comes with the territory when the population grows like that, and you have a good point on the type of people we are accepting into the military now, some are basically Thugs from some of the worst places in the country. Enjoy

Old 07-22-2008, 09:32 AM

13,495 posts, read 33,426,829 times
That is sad! I just checked out your crime rates and was happy to see that El Paso is a fairly low crime city.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 PM

994 posts, read 1,320,390 times
The cav guys were always the worst bunch we had to deal with at the bar (my ex owned a bar which I helped her run at Dyer & Taylor).

I'd say 80% of the time or more, when brawls would start, 3rd cav guys were the instigators.

We never let them win though :P

And the cops always sided with us.

Oh, the stories I could tell...

Anywho, the reemergence of the cav at Bliss may be positive in that it brings in revenue, but yeah, the flip side is that they tend to be hard headed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or