U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:46 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,701,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereinutep View Post
Avoid Barrigas, unless you want a night of a thousand waterfalls. Same for Maccaroni Grill, I would recommend to visit Cattlemans, Great American, and Cheddars.
Totally agree. Barrigas is CRAP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 01:55 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,959,040 times
El Paso Health Dept - Restaurant Inspections & ratings (search by name or ZIP code)
www.elpasotexas.gov - Food Establishment Inspections

Old 05-22-2010, 07:38 PM

158 posts, read 376,359 times
We have eaten at the Carino's on Sunland Park twice/ It is horrible. The food simply lacks any sort of flavor. It's pretty bad when an Italian chain is worse than Olive Garden LOL Man, I wish we had a Carrabba's here.

I hate Chico's. I think it is terrible. I honestly don't get why people love that place.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:44 AM

121 posts, read 337,417 times
Carino's is fine, but their wine needs some work.

Places to avoid; McDonald's

Old 05-24-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
Carino's is fine, but their wine needs some work.

Places to avoid; McDonald's
Carino's has to have the most bland food I have ever tasted in my life. It is horrible here, but in the midwest and other parts of TX, it is fine.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:04 PM

187 posts, read 415,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Hmm, Barrigas (Sunland) has turned out to be one of our regulars. Especially the chiles rellenos. There service was slow at first but has been better. KFOX said that Taco Grill on Mesa and Brentwood had some serious problems but has reopened. Too bad as we have enjoyed it. The people are very nice there. Went to Forti's the other night. Very good but their prices remind you of Austin or Dallas. Rather high for ELP.
Fortis has always been quite high, not too shabby with the food. I like the scenery inside though. Its odd though how this restaurant lies in a somewhat ghetto part of town.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:32 AM

217 posts, read 634,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bree~ View Post
We have eaten at the Carino's on Sunland Park twice/ It is horrible. The food simply lacks any sort of flavor. It's pretty bad when an Italian chain is worse than Olive Garden LOL Man, I wish we had a Carrabba's here.

I hate Chico's. I think it is terrible. I honestly don't get why people love that place.

bree~ my long-lost twin!
I couldn't agree more. Also found any Chili's is AWFUL, the kid's meal pizza is just like cardboard AND undercooked.
I won'tsay anything else about Chico's, as I too fear for my life LOL

Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabygirl View Post
bree~ my long-lost twin!
I couldn't agree more. Also found any Chili's is AWFUL, the kid's meal pizza is just like cardboard AND undercooked.
I won'tsay anything else about Chico's, as I too fear for my life LOL
LOL I've only eaten at the Chili's on Transmountain. It wasn't fine, no issues. The Applebee's across the street, however...

I totally do not get the draw to Chico's though. Tried it twice and was so unimpressed both times.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:46 AM

3,858 posts, read 5,959,040 times
On the west side - both on Redd Road - I've been impressed with Los Jarrones (@ Doniphan) and the China House (@ Lowes hardware). I get takeout from both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso