U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 PM
 
4,627 posts, read 7,210,684 times
Reputation: 4735

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Thanks for the clarification but how does New mexico know you are employed in texas even though you live in New mexico ? The texas employers do not send their federal employer tax ID to New mexico. How does New mexico Taxation and Revenue even know you live in New mexico.

Cross checks can be done for multi-state payrolls via your FUTA payroll list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2008, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,532,005 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Yeah I am still looking to move again.. some place with good schools and an ocean view.. or a large lake. I moved back here to help my Uncle who had a heart attack due to bad oxygen mixture.. but he is fine now and does not need us any more.. my mother and aunt don't want us to move away, but there are no opportunities here, and the schools are lacking. I miss Mississippi SouthernBliss.. I never knew I would feel this way about it. Yeah the summers were brutal.. but it became home real quick for me.

I hope I can find that again.. because its just not here for me.
Is the Texas coast just not an option for you? It's very different from Biloxi/Gulfport, but it IS the coast.

MS was a nightmare for me (1982, long before Katrina), including the above. But....different strokes....!! I felt like I was in a foreign country....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 06:27 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 7,673,322 times
Reputation: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Is the Texas coast just not an option for you? It's very different from Biloxi/Gulfport, but it IS the coast.

MS was a nightmare for me (1982, long before Katrina), including the above. But....different strokes....!! I felt like I was in a foreign country....
I am looking at the Texas Coast, yes.. From Corpus to Galveston. I would love to go back to the Seattle area, but the cost of living there is way high... there is a great city I once visited up there called Port Angeles. It was classic, an old, but all new just the same. Another place I loved was Astoria OR. Its where the Goonies was filmed. I would try the East coast but the only thing I know about it is I keep getting told not to move to the East coast, and my short stay at Fort DIX NJ... and my stay at Fort Stewart GA.

I do like the Texas Coast, I like the ability to camp on our beaches. It is also a very pretty place... all along the Texas Coast.

I worry that Corpus has the same problems and challenges as El Paso.. So I am not sure I want to move there, even though I do like the place. Galveston has cleaned up a bunch since the 80's when I was there before, and found it a place to consider.. but the schools are bad from what I have been told. So maybe some place on the main land.. even though I dig that island vibe. South Padre was something I considered too.. but again.. I don't want to have to learn Spanish to live/work some place.

I don't know where I will end up.. I don't know where it is I belong. All I can do is hope for a sign, or a push from the cosmos sends me in the right direction again. Every place I have gone has had a reason behind it, or a lesson for me to learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
 
Location: So. Dak.
13,495 posts, read 33,446,870 times
Reputation: 15044
Muhnay, I know exactly what you're saying. I'm STILL searching for that "right place to live". I would also be interested in coastal living, but DH would rather live inland. I could probably get used to a large city, but I don't know if he can.

OK, so how much are license plates in Tx?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 07:07 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 7,673,322 times
Reputation: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Muhnay, I know exactly what you're saying. I'm STILL searching for that "right place to live".

OK, so how much are license plates in Tx?
If we all knew there would be no need for City Data right.. so guess thats the silver lining. =)

Texas License Plates & Placards Information - DMV.ORG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 09:47 PM
 
Location: el paso tx.
756 posts, read 1,757,154 times
Reputation: 400
tags in ms. range from being cheap to being very high I lived in one of the highest city in the state so what I paid $600 for in one city may be $200 in the next city over but you had to buy your tag in what city you live in.
ok let me me put it this way I lived in forrest co. ms. so my tag was very high every year but at the same time my brother lives in covongtion co. ms so his tag cost like $170 a year but it is a very poor area so low taxes.

As for tags in TX. well the same trk that ran almost $600 in ms. only cost $75 here in TX. so I love that part but I will never throw away my old tag!!! I tell my husband "do not throw that away it cost me a killing!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 09:47 AM
 
Location: So. Dak.
13,495 posts, read 33,446,870 times
Reputation: 15044
Muhnay, thank you for the link.

Southernbliss, I'm so glad you clarified that. I was wondering what type of vehicle you have. My mind was going to some fancy 100,000 sports car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,532,005 times
Reputation: 4766
I don't know where I will end up.. I don't know where it is I belong. All I can do is hope for a sign, or a push from the cosmos sends me in the right direction again. Every place I have gone has had a reason behind it, or a lesson for me to learn.

I understand that all too well. But I do think you will eventually find your place. The ocean and the lush green/damp climates (Seattle, etc.) seem to call you in, so that is a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 11:35 AM
 
Location: el paso tx.
756 posts, read 1,757,154 times
Reputation: 400
No more like a 2006 niss. pathfinder!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 07:43 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times
Reputation: 22163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I am looking at the Texas Coast, yes.. From Corpus to Galveston. I would love to go back to the Seattle area, but the cost of living there is way high... there is a great city I once visited up there called Port Angeles. It was classic, an old, but all new just the same. Another place I loved was Astoria OR. Its where the Goonies was filmed. I would try the East coast but the only thing I know about it is I keep getting told not to move to the East coast, and my short stay at Fort DIX NJ... and my stay at Fort Stewart GA.

I do like the Texas Coast, I like the ability to camp on our beaches. It is also a very pretty place... all along the Texas Coast.

I worry that Corpus has the same problems and challenges as El Paso.. So I am not sure I want to move there, even though I do like the place. Galveston has cleaned up a bunch since the 80's when I was there before, and found it a place to consider.. but the schools are bad from what I have been told. So maybe some place on the main land.. even though I dig that island vibe. South Padre was something I considered too.. but again.. I don't want to have to learn Spanish to live/work some place.

I don't know where I will end up.. I don't know where it is I belong. All I can do is hope for a sign, or a push from the cosmos sends me in the right direction again. Every place I have gone has had a reason behind it, or a lesson for me to learn.

What direction do you like to face? Like at night when you look out at the stars and ponder, which direction do you generally find youself facing? The right place calls you I think.

It's kind of interesting what makes people head off in a particular direction, it's easy to understand those who go motivated by money or gold but there can be mystical reasons for some, a place just lures them and that's where they should go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top