U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 07:30 PM

4 posts, read 7,310 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to fort bliss we are looking at houses for rent. Does anyone have any information for me on great areas. We have been looking at horizon city if anyone has any info on that area or any others that will be great for living with a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 07:34 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,700,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja30 View Post
My family and I are moving to fort bliss we are looking at houses for rent. Does anyone have any information for me on great areas. We have been looking at horizon city if anyone has any info on that area or any others that will be great for living with a family.
Get on base housing.. want to see it.. look at the little icons under my name on the upper left of this post.. the one after the red B is gallery.. go look at Fort Bliss, and the housing. You'll love it. Honestly you would be best served if you stay on post.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:38 PM

4 posts, read 7,310 times
well that was our first intention but moving on base isnt an option as we are on a waiting list that is anywhere from 6 months to a year long and we move next week. we have found some very nice houses in Horizon and just wondering about the area.. thank you for your information though..

Old 07-23-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja30 View Post
well that was our first intention but moving on base isnt an option as we are on a waiting list that is anywhere from 6 months to a year long and we move next week. we have found some very nice houses in Horizon and just wondering about the area.. thank you for your information though..
Horizon is far.. FAR east side.. and gas is 4 bucks a gallon here.. Also the traffic to and from work can be a mad house to go back and forth from Horizon. But if you and your husband are willing to make that drive everyday.. then Yeah I guess Horizon wouldn't be all bad. Avoid the Socorro School District.. I found it to be to invasive into my home life, and they are on a year round school year. I didn't care for it. But that maybe what your looking for.. also they forced my kids to learn Spanish.. and for me thats a no no.

I am a hard core North Easter.. I think every other side of town sucks in comparison. Snobby elitist on the West and East sides, more so on the West. East is all hustle and bustle, and the people are uptight. N.E. is laid back and relaxed.. close to Fort Bliss, and is getting major highway and road upgrades out here. And the N.E. is connected equally to the East and West side, so if you need to goto either your a shorter drive to them. But hey thats just my opinion.. Good luck on your move.. and there are ways around that waiting list.. whats funny is I just drove all over both Fort Bliss and Biggs, and saw many empty houses, so why there is a waiting list is beyond me.. sounds like a crap story to me.. they pulled the same thing when we got stationed here, the commander called housing ans said they need a house now, and we got one the next day.. they showed us 5 houses. So get your unit commander involved. Anyways again good luck, and welcome to Fort Bliss/Biggs, and El Paso TX. Let the group know what your impressions are of the area once you get settled.. we would love to know.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:17 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
I agree with Muhnay as far as Horizon being kind of far with gas prices so absurd. I don't see all the snobs but I think the East side does seem to be too much hustle and bustle and they seem uptight. It's just so big and growing so fast out there. The NE is nice except some of the new houses look pretty close together.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I agree with Muhnay as far as Horizon being kind of far with gas prices so absurd. I don't see all the snobs but I think the East side does seem to be too much hustle and bustle and they seem uptight. It's just so big and growing so fast out there. The NE is nice except some of the new houses look pretty close together.
And the N.E. is getting a Super Target and some new shopping venues soon. So we are growing too. But I agree some of the new houses out here seem a bit close. But there are plenty of Lower cost older homes in Good areas that you can get for far less than the new homes. And since your on a waiting list, why not rent an Apt, there are many new ones in N.E. near North Hills Our upscale area with good schools.. and by the time your lease is up, you should be in a Military house if you still want to move on post.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:57 AM

13,140 posts, read 36,045,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
And the N.E. is getting a Super Target and some new shopping venues soon. So we are growing too. But I agree some of the new houses out here seem a bit close. But there are plenty of Lower cost older homes in Good areas that you can get for far less than the new homes. And since your on a waiting list, why not rent an Apt, there are many new ones in N.E. near North Hills Our upscale area with good schools.. and by the time your lease is up, you should be in a Military house if you still want to move on post.
I know it's because i'm sentimental but give me a house on my old neighborhood areas around Andress High and i'm a happy camper.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:53 AM

756 posts, read 1,759,556 times
I agree with Muhnay, Horizon is just to far out from base in gas is to high but I like horizon just to far for me.
I like N.E. the most it is easy to get to and I like the people out there and it is only a few min. from base so a lot of people are moving that way, I stay out on biggs but if I was off of base I would be in the N.E.
GOOD LUCK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso