U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:30 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,670,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
yea, its also a great excuse to stop anyone who is of the "wrong" color.
Hey do you like Midget Wrestling?

Do you like Midget Wrestling now.. I figured since you wanted to derail my topic with your raciest crap.. we might as well copy this guy and slide on our faces like this poor little fellow above. Heck they both hurt, and some may laugh.. but really what else would it accomplish?

Last edited by Jammie; 07-31-2008 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
yea, its also a great excuse to stop anyone who is of the "wrong" color.
Not everyone from Texas is the "wrong" color, if they stop you for Texas plates, that's not really about color, but about location, and sadly it's true that the Texas border with Mexico is used for a whole lot of drug running.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:52 AM

5,402 posts, read 12,188,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Hey do you like Midget Wrestling?
Ha! That was funny, both the video and your point.

Maybe lipbalm is more sensitive than I since I do not think it is racist, but it did rub me the wrong way that they target Texas residents. I've heard of this before, and when traveling through the area, I've learned not to give them an excuse, it's not that big of a stretch when you are on your way to Florida.

But as others say, since Texas is on the border, I can see their point as well. If you don't have anything to hide, then there's nothing to worry about. In the end, I have to side with the constitution which says I have a right to be protected from illegal searches.

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 08-02-2008 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 08-02-2008, 12:31 PM

756 posts, read 1,756,860 times
Hey they pick on me to and tell me when you come home with those plates on your trk. you are going to get hooked up!!! but I can say it is not just tx. plates take ok. plates there are not a lot of them on the high way at 3am going 10mph. with tinted windows without a reason.
I can also say that color is the last thing on most officers mind, the only thing on their mind is felony!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso