U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:02 PM

195 posts, read 569,514 times

Advertisements

Houston has two downtowns as well, it might be the way to go. But knowing El Paso i don't see the finances to support something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 01:48 AM

874 posts, read 2,653,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
I'm sure ''observe'' knows how tall they are but there nust be around 5 or 6 that are taller than 15 to 18 stories. I like the solid black one called the ''Darth Vader'' highrise. Infact i like it's uptown buildings better than ABQ actual downtown highrises.
Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
Im having a hard time finding photos, I may have to go take some myself.
Here's a picture of the Darth Vader Building, in the background is the Marriott & the Hilton Garden Inn.
Cool! thanks guys, I'll check em out the next time I am up there. I remember seeing that Marriott building but not the rest.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:03 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,672,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfmccoy View Post
Houston has two downtowns as well, it might be the way to go. But knowing El Paso i don't see the finances to support something like that.
If El Paso wants to shake that image of a second class town, and not one of a vibrant city on a border of Mexico, the largest by the way in the Country.. then it will need to pump money into projects like the uptown idea.. and the light rail system, and increase our image to the world. Uptown could be placed on the N.E. near the edge of town on US54 and the new Northeast Parkway to be built connecting Anothy Gap with loop 375. It would be a major connection used by may to secumvent I-10 and the downtown crammed traffic conditions in the near future.

So we need a city rep who can sell this to not only the local people but to people with the funds around the world to make a dream like this take flight. If Juarez can get a new super soccer feild, then El Paso should be able to build an Uptown, and a landmark high rise like the Dome in Dallas, or the Tower in San Antonio. Something that gets national attention.. look to Dubai and what it is doing as insperation for what we can do here.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:09 AM

507 posts, read 1,411,419 times
As close-minded as the leaders of this city are, i doubt that a city center is going to happen, none the less a better downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso