Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:44 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,203,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Alucard, they toss bones into your yard, and your animals get sick, why have you not reported this? Its a crime. Calling in a false police report is also a crime. Harassment is also a crime. You need to report these acts to the cops yourself. Also start a record of every action they take, and use it to sue them blind. Also get a restraining order to keep them away from you and your animals.

Tampering with mail is a Federal crime.. if any of this is true, you need to take action. They will do some serious time for tampering with the mail. If you can get a small video camera and place it watching your mail box and your fence to record the tossing of bones and tampering with the mail.. then contact the police and press charges. Also get a lawyer and sue them.
Great points, Also I would be concerned what might be on or in the bones. Or what else they might be feeding them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 09:40 AM

271 posts, read 805,886 times
It seems you found the neighbors from Hell which is not the norm for El Paso. Hopefully your next home will be a little more peaceful. Good luck.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:56 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,906,746 times
You do realize playing the victim is non-productive?

If I had liked the house, I would have recorded (using video or computer cameras) their activities. I would then have 1) filed a police report about their false complaints; 2) petitioned for and received a cease and desist order from the courts; 3) filed a civil suit for damages to your health and well being with your emotional and mental state impaired by their harassment. Furthermore, any "gossip" would be dealt with as slander and libel and I would also have sought civil damages.

You DO NOT make bullies go away by being nice. You hit them hard with everything you can hit them with......

Another thing to consider. Your landlord should be aware of the harassment. If he cannot keep his property rented, he is losing substantial money (particularly in this market). At a guess, I bet the "neighbor" wants to buy the house, wants to pay a depressed price for it, and wants to move a relative in there. All you are doing is facilitating his shenanigans.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 AM

430 posts, read 1,333,322 times
Yeah..unfortunatley I'm the idiot that tries to be nice and hope that they'll change their ways. I've already informed the landlady of the harrassement and that was why I was not renewing my lease. These people are interesting. Animal Control is very aware of the harrassement. I have already started the process of a letter of harrassement with them against one of the neighbors. I haven't involved the police due to me trying to keep the peace so to speak. I tried taking the high road but I realize that I just keep getting knocked down. I know that I am allowing this...I just hate confrontation. Every neighbor I have ever known, and there has been a few, has never been like this. From the get-go the woman next door treated me like crap. Not sure why though. This will be my last month there. I'm really looking forward to never having to drive down that street again.
So...no one has had crappy neighbors like this before? Just my luck, the quiet single mom living pay check to pay check gets the neighbors from hell. LOL!

Old 01-09-2009, 12:37 PM

270 posts, read 623,326 times
Sounds like you just have dog or animal haters for neighbors and they were just waiting for an excuse. I have a retired military sentry dog, placed signs all around the walls and 6 foot chain fence with privacy strips and padlocks on the gates. SO what the idiot neigbor kid/16 yrs old/ do, climbs over the wall to get his ball. I asked him to never do that again because of the dog and my privacy. He should knock on the front door, he ignored my request so I explained to the parents, well the problem continued and then when I kept the ball, all of a sudden my dog was a problem. Everything was an issue because the kid did not have the right to trespass whenever he wanted even though it was more of a safety issue. After keeping three balls and threatening them with the police for trespassing, harrassement and invasion of privacy, it stopped. Of course I get dirty looks from them but cares. Sometimes you have to be nasty to people otherwise what is the point of owning your house and you have to tip toe around the neighbors.

Last edited by luplor; 01-09-2009 at 01:19 PM..

Old 01-09-2009, 01:08 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
That is why so many like to live and pay to live in HOA's. You know the rules when you buy and if you don't liike them then you don't have to buy there. Otherwise now days its a risk in many neighborhoods as to your suitability and what will happen if neioghbors move that are good.Now days enfocing coedes and ordinaces by sites is laxed and of low priority. Some people juts need to live far fr4om anyone else they growup not carring about anyone else. I had a house in teh country and I can't tell you the amount of dumping I saw because tehy didn't want to pay ofr trash pickup as a service.Sloppy people make trashy neighbors is my findings.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:37 PM

430 posts, read 1,333,322 times
I finally broke free. I am in a new house and my new neighbors seem nice. No signs on the fence, no animal control, no police, no dirty looks, no crazy lady screaming out my window, no more sick dogs and bones everywhere. My kids get to play outside. I still get nervous when they get a little loud or when my dog barks though. Maybe I just found a different class of people. Better neighbors.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,663 times
Hello I'm new, I have a BAD neighbor who in the beginning told me he likes to keep busy and if he gets to loud just ask him to tone it down. Right hes retired, starts making noise from 6am straight through midnight. I confronted him after going through the first summer being awake and not getting enough sleep, from his banging in the garage to loud muffler on his lawn mower and loud talking outside my bedroom window. I did as he asked I asked one evening how much longer he would be making noise that's when he should his true colors, his reply "F__k you, police the neighborhood, I'll do what I want when I want. Since then it's been hell living here, every day and night living next to an idiot of noise because hes retired I have no rights. I wish i never moved here if it was a rental I would be long gone its a house. I work in the county just to find out his family members have been through the legal system and I have had dealings with them that's when the harassment really got full blown I have two years to get to retire then the house goes up I hope I can hold back the anger I have before I explode any suggestions?

Old 06-15-2009, 02:27 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,929,401 times
My El Paso Times kept disappearing so I set up a video camera and caught my next door neighbor. He denied it until I told him he was on tape. I have to convert from tape to digital before I can YouTube it.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:59 PM

194 posts, read 437,569 times
Edit: Oops, I missed the second page of the thread. My points have already been made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso