Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 PM

507 posts, read 1,652,684 times

Advertisements

Has she voted yes on anything yet?
everytime i hear the council voting on something she is always the one who votes no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 08:38 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,497,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
Has she voted yes on anything yet?
everytime i hear the council voting on something she is always the one who votes no.
I hear ya smguy as i'm sick of Northeast and also the Lower Valley areas of EP getting shafted compared to the west and east side. Maybe Northeast should form it's own city ''Mountainview, Texas'' .

Thank god Mayor Cook has been siding for Northeast over Castro.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 PM
ZSP

1,764 posts, read 5,095,718 times
Ms. Castro will be re-elected; not because the northeast if FOR her, but because no one will run against her. The northeast is pretty apathetic - we want things for our area but none are willing to run for office and have a say in making things happen.

IMHO, our best chance was years ago when Jerome Tilghman was running. I always vote in all elections but Ms. Castro will not have mine, nor will Mayor Cook. He does not look out for the northeast either.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:06 PM

146 posts, read 518,967 times
Muhnay why dont you run you would make stuff happen for the northeast.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:57 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,878,685 times
I don't have a budget to run. I don't think I could do much worse than Castro though. =)

Besides I have no clue how to even begin a campaign for NE Rep.. I would do it though, because I think the NE needs better than what it gets now.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:11 AM

Didn't i read in another post somewhere that you quasi know Pat Haggerty? Maybe he could give some pointers about how to run for N city rep. I know you need xx amount of registered voter signatures to get on the ballot although i don't know the exact number there.. If you ran and got on the ballot then 6/3 up in Southern NM will donate $100 to your campaign. Also the internet has some different web sites about how to run for office.

How to Run for Local Office | eHow.com

Old 12-23-2008, 11:52 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,878,685 times
Yes I know the Haggerty's well. Dan and Pat. If you have not been to one of their St. Patty's Day parties you have not lived! They keep telling me to run for Constable, lol.

Thanks for the link, and the idea, I will give them a call after the holidays and ask some questions.

( I just spoke with DANS office he is out of town until after the New Year. We have a meeting set up and I will let you know what is going on. ) I was told that two others are running for NE rep.

Last edited by Muhnay; 12-23-2008 at 12:31 PM..

Old 12-23-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Yes I know the Haggerty's well. Dan and Pat. If you have not been to one of their St. Patty's Day parties you have not lived! They keep telling me to run for Constable, lol.

Thanks for the link, and the idea, I will give them a call after the holidays and ask some questions.

( I just spoke with DANS office he is out of town until after the New Year. We have a meeting set up and I will let you know what is going on. ) I was told that two others are running for NE rep.
Anyway you are Mr. Northeast as you've lived there for 30 plus years and went to school in NE and work at Fort Bliss in NE and etc..etc.as you know the needs of that area/district. Heck if you were elected maybe you could inact some legislation for tax incentives etc to get NE it's new mall out by Patriot Freeway and McCombs.

Anyway best of luck no matter you and your family decide !!

Old 12-23-2008, 05:51 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,105,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Then we may already have crossed paths. I have had too much fun due to their margarita machine.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 AM

I read in the EP Times today that the El Paso City Council voted 6-1 to start the $1 billion dollars of freeway construction projects (Loop 375 thru downtown, Northeast Parkway and I-10 improvements) and guess which idiot voted against it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso