U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:07 AM

430 posts, read 798,568 times
City Council voted for TRZ#1 and yep......she was the only one who voted "nope".
Please...please...someone run against her. I've lived in the NE for 30 years and I would like to finally see someone do something for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 11:10 AM

5,080 posts, read 3,099,734 times
I am looking into running ALUCARD. There are 2 others running against her I am told.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:02 PM
ZSP

1,154 posts, read 2,133,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I am looking into running ALUCARD. There are 2 others running against her I am told.
I'll be happy to help with your campaign. I have lots of time, tons of admin skills, and having lived here for 40 years, know lots of people in all walks of life. Please, give it some serious thought.

BTW, do you know who these "2 others" are?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:33 PM

Thank You. I'll let you know what this all comes to. =)

Old 12-29-2008, 12:44 AM

504 posts, read 962,949 times
Munhay if you run, i will make sure to cast an absentee ballot and vote for you.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:23 PM

446 posts, read 968,908 times
Looks like someone else thought the same as everyone here and is going to try and get her out.

City Beat: Robinson kicks off campaign to unseat Melina Castro (http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/citybeat/2008/12/robinson-kicks-off-campaign-to-unseat-melina-castro.html - broken link)

Old 01-02-2009, 06:52 AM

13,002 posts, read 23,883,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeguy View Post
Looks like someone else thought the same as everyone here and is going to try and get her out.

City Beat: Robinson kicks off campaign to unseat Melina Castro (http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/citybeat/2008/12/robinson-kicks-off-campaign-to-unseat-melina-castro.html - broken link)
Lets see what his vision for Northeast is ??

Old 01-02-2009, 08:52 AM

This is the Bright Orange guy right? What I dont like about this guy is he is about one small set of the population, he does not have the greater good at heart. I am all for all North East people, not just one small segment of it. I want to see all the people prosper in the North East, and see us all come together as one, and not play to one key demographic.

Would you look at that I sound like I am running for office..

Quote:
Carl Robinson, the director of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day Food Drive and a long-time activist and leader in El Paso's black community, will kick off his campaign for City Council with an event at a restaurant in the Northeast. His event is at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Casita Linda Mexican Restaurant, 5315 Hondo Pass. The event is open to the public and Robinson said he will take campaign contributions.

Robinson and Walt Philips will run against sitting Northeast city Rep. Melina Castro. Castro, who is in the minority on council, has not officially filed to run, but she has said she is running.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:43 AM

270 posts, read 377,931 times
We dont need another city rep that represents the Mayor not the District. We are in a RECESSION, El Paso needs improvements but like any home or buisness you budget, prioritize and plan NOT tax people out of their homes because you want everything done overnight. Some stupid ideas include using trolleys to bring people to El Paso, people go to S.F. to ride the trolleys! FIX the roads first. Building more houses doesnt bring people here, JOBS DO. And I dont mean 7.50 an hour and no benefits. Why do think our young people leave after college, Jobs ads with college required and experience and then they get angry when applicants dare to ask for pay above 7.50 and beneifts. We live in El Paso NOT Juarez! Dont fall for the other stupidity that the military will buy all these houses, Hello, they go home when the tour is done. MAYBE 5 0/0 will buy. And that the city should help builders connect sewer lines, ha ha, if you want to build, you pay all costs and put it in the sale price. Like I said JOBS not houses make people move to an area.

Last edited by luplor; 01-09-2009 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: errors

Old 01-09-2009, 10:53 AM

2,006 posts, read 1,892,220 times
Man, I just moved to the Northeast and I gotta say, I miss having Susie Byrd as my rep. She's the one who called out Castro for he bipolar vote last week --voting for the improvement and then voting against the financing measure to pay for it. I enjoy seeing her and May Cook make Castro look as silly and incompetent as she really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso