Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,848 times

Advertisements

I just got a job offer for 38.00 an hour in El Paso and I needed a job desperately. My wife is from Mexico and got paperwork to enter legally. I joyfully came to the NM /El Paso area and I have been here for 5 years. Prior, I served in Iraq and Afghanistan as other campaigns. There's not much difference between all three I have found. So I turned down the job offer and we will move out of here as bad as I need a job for my family. The area is so polluted chemically and the military/ commercial planes spray chem trails all over us to try to create clouds as reflect the radiation back into space using aluminum nano technology among other concentrated chemicals to change weather behavior. The military pilots balk at doing it all the time as they know what it is. It is too concentrated here as they deliver the spray night and day. It's in the soil, the water and air. You think it's normal by now as you see it everyday. Those are not jet fumes or contrails you see in the sky. Perhaps you may not understand what's going on. We are their current test subjects apparently. Just like the soldiers who are in these desert campaigns to test new equipment and toxic items. You have seen the horrible weather patterns across the states. Weather stations try to pass it off as something else. But, they tell me too and won't go on record because of their job risk. Many are dying from this. The elderly, the medical fragile as our little children with new brain tumors are the unlucky. I have never seen so much cancer concentrated in one spot. The aero mixture is poisonous and we breathe, eat, and absorb it in our skin. I work in the death/ medical industry. I see it first hand. This is a unhealthy place to live. However, I've explored places to go or what to do in the area in the past 5 years. Ruidoso is about the closest to civilization. Your sunsets can be beautiful as the sunrise. The rest, you can have. I suppose there is a lot for those who were born here or do not know there is another world out there. I have been to 18 different countries and 38 states as assimulated into many cultures. I am not racist. My wife is Hispanic. But, I am happy to leave now, this month with out a job or health insurance to protect my family. My wife has had cancer and hopefully the treatment she got out of state is working. She is from Mexico and has no family history of cancer or markers. She has been in this area for 25 years. The Drs indicate it could had been environmental industrial petro to chemicals and or what they spray on us. We followed the trail of medical people who have left. Drs are leaving too to protect their families. We are out of here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 07:13 PM

575 posts, read 877,656 times
sorry about your wife. bye!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:34 PM

1,691 posts, read 4,092,199 times
I lived in El Paso from 1984-1993. I came from my home town of San Antonio. I loved El Paso. So did my kids. My wife did not. I put up with her bellyaching for nine years, and ended up back in San Antonio. Well, I am now divorced, and will be retiring withing the next few years. I have every intention of moving back to El Paso, or the desert Southwest when I retire. I made more friends in the nine years I lived in El Paso than the other 53 years I have lived in San Antonio. I also miss the weather and the lower cost of living.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:28 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,107,893 times
We will welcome you back!

Old 04-19-2015, 09:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,366,615 times
I came to EP back in the early 80s on a job transfer after a messy divorce. Met my 2nd wife here and have grown to love the desert southwest with its variety of landscapes, abundant sunshine and mild winters. While I enjoy the change of scenery and social climate when I visit relatives up north, it's always good to come home to Chucoville.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,553 times
I used to live in El Paso. My parents decided to leave El Paso when I was 8. After 20 years I decided to go back and visit, and I loved it. Now I have plans to move there in 4 weeks to be with some family. In fact, I made it official. I am leaving my Miami for good and I'll never step foot in this rot again. My only exception is my mother's death. Other than that, it's like Miami never existed to me. I'll be tin El Paso 4 weeks and I hope to meet some people.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:41 PM

643 posts, read 1,306,435 times
Welcome to El Paso. Please share your experiences good or bad here!

Old 05-13-2015, 04:27 AM

363 posts, read 438,957 times
You won't miss Miami. Believe me!

Old 03-27-2016, 05:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,069 times
Default El Chuco

Born and raised in El Paso. After my military service I started working for the P X system at Ft Bliss. I advanced and soon found myself in the management program. I left El Paso in 1976, Dallas, Germany, Abilene Tx,Colorado Springs, Jefersonville Ind, Dallas, Saudi Arabia,Dallas and finally retiring in Clarksville TN. I miss El Paso, its people, the friends I grew up with, my family, the food, the mountains, the Sun Bowl, Miner Basketball, the Diablos, Chicos Tacos. I do not miss the rude people that come accross the border and act like they own El Paso. I would come back to see the parade if it would be moved back to New Year's Day. Every where I have lived and visited has been an eye opener. There are so many different cultures that I have been exposed to that have made me appreciate my life.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:01 PM

156 posts, read 180,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
I lived in El Paso from 1984-1993. I came from my home town of San Antonio. I loved El Paso. So did my kids. My wife did not. I put up with her bellyaching for nine years, and ended up back in San Antonio. Well, I am now divorced, and will be retiring withing the next few years. I have every intention of moving back to El Paso, or the desert Southwest when I retire. I made more friends in the nine years I lived in El Paso than the other 53 years I have lived in San Antonio. I also miss the weather and the lower cost of living.
Sounds somewhat familiar... except the divorce part. Wife bellyaching to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso