Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2008, 06:35 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,489,270 times

Advertisements

I haven't been there 'cept for a few minutes in years. Windows live shows some nice older buildings.

What would living there be like? Are there views of downtown? Is it quiet at night? Is there easy access to and fro via Cotton Street?

This isn't an area many think about - but perhaps someone knows it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 08:57 PM

523 posts, read 1,362,088 times
I know that area of EL Paso..there is not an area I really do NOT know about except maybe the West side because I do NOT want to know it

I lived near the corner of Cotton and Wyoming for a while...but it has been about 10 to 12 years...and I remember that it was cheap rent then..I had no problems there...I still pass by the same duplex ..I used to rent and it is still there..if I ever come back here to live...I think I will look in that area first!

Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,813,147 times
Have you ever been inside the Magoffin House? If I ever make it back to El Paso, I will go there. Wish Muhnay would take some pictures of the inside of the place and post them.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:18 PM

Yes..I have been inside the Magoffin Home---there are very few place around the country like with homes like that!

Old 02-09-2009, 04:35 PM

53 posts, read 186,866 times
XChucoresident....
Orale carnal....it's not that you don't want to know the Westside, it's that the Westside doesn't want to know you! I'm trying to think back....way back. Cotton and Wyoming.....I used to know most ALL the gang names from Smeltertown to just past Ascarate. But now I've realized I can't remember much....specially from your area - Cotton and Wyoming. Help me out bro....what you called yourselves? Do you know why I knew all the barrios names? That kept me from getting my A** kicked.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:22 PM

I did not know anything about gangs there...I only lived there for aboutt 4 years..I left El Paso at 19..I grew up behind Chicos Tacos on Montana/Trowbridge..there are gangs all over the US..and even all over El Paso from the ritzy Westside to the more down-to-earth Lower Valley

By the way..I am a female..i said that before!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:09 AM

53 posts, read 186,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
I did not know anything about gangs there...I only lived there for aboutt 4 years..I left El Paso at 19..I grew up behind Chicos Tacos on Montana/Trowbridge..there are gangs all over the US..and even all over El Paso from the ritzy Westside to the more down-to-earth Lower Valley

By the way..I am a female..i said that before!
Oops....I'm bad. Sorry ma'am didn't mean any disrespect..! Unfortunately you are correct about gangs nation wide. Here in L.A. we have a whole bunch of them and then we have some heavies - bloods, crips, and the worst - MS13.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: