Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,971 times

Advertisements

Please call me if you want to get rid of your "worthless" lot.

Thanks,
Brian
512-576-0288
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 09:51 PM

2 posts, read 5,330 times
is anyone still interested in horizon city land info ?

Old 01-18-2010, 06:13 AM

4 posts, read 14,660 times
A lot of land was sold back in the sixties and seventies as investment property way out in the desert. It was all parcelled out and shown with roads and plat maps etc... Much of that property is still way out in the desert and legislation was passed several years ago prohibiting the sale of any parcel under five acres that is within 50 miles of the Mexican border unless it has all utilities available. Shadow Mountain Estates, Horizon Estates and several others fall into this category. There is a lot of building going on in Horizon City now that still isn't selling real well. Horizon will continue to grow, so for now hold on to your land if it isn't costing you any money to do so.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman59 View Post
A lot of land was sold back in the sixties and seventies as investment property way out in the desert. It was all parcelled out and shown with roads and plat maps etc... Much of that property is still way out in the desert and legislation was passed several years ago prohibiting the sale of any parcel under five acres that is within 50 miles of the Mexican border unless it has all utilities available. Shadow Mountain Estates, Horizon Estates and several others fall into this category. There is a lot of building going on in Horizon City now that still isn't selling real well. Horizon will continue to grow, so for now hold on to your land if it isn't costing you any money to do so.
That seems like good advice. I think a lot of us wish we had bought cheap land in the George Dieter area that once seemed like it was too far away to ever be worth anything. Horizon seems to be growing and people like it.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,817 times
Looking for anyone who bought property in Unit73 on Owenville Drive or Arapavista Drive ?This whole land was scam that my mother bought and has passed and I to have to pay fees which i cant afford.I'm looking to get rid of 5 units of land that i believe will never be of any use.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,671 times
We bought a lot in the early 70's in Mountain Shadow Estates. Several years ago we were told it was worthless yet we still receive property tax bills from El Paso tax collector as well as assessments from Horizon Communities Improvement Assoc. Does anyone have any information about this?
I, too, received a call from a company claiming they had a buyer right now for my lot and all I had to do was send them the fee up front. I have no doubt that this was a scam!

Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 PM

11 posts, read 70,047 times
or

Old 05-31-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgranch View Post
if you own lots in the horizon city area email or call me. I will give you some details about whether your property has market value at the present time. My email address is <mg_ranch@yahoo.com> and my phone number is 915 591 2563. Please leave a message if there is no answer............manny.

please disregard the information above..........manny.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgranch View Post
If you own lots in the Horizon City area email or call me. I will give you some details about whether your property has market value at the present time. My email address is <mg_ranch@yahoo.com> and my phone number is 915 591 2563. Please leave a message if there is no answer............Manny.

Please disregard the message above.......MANNY.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 14,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodoo View Post
We have been approached about selling our 5 acres in Horizon City. Is there a way to find out if there is a potential building project going on in our area?
We were also contacted asking if we wanted to sell our land in Horizon City. Did you ever find out any more info?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso