Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:14 PM

138 posts, read 454,220 times

Advertisements

"Franklin Chop House" will be the second restaurant.

All I can say is BLAH BLAH BLAHHH. BORING! Spaghetti Factory??! Are you kidding me?? THAT is it?! HA! Yet ANOTHER average italian restaurant in El Paso....just what we need.

At the very least they could have at least gone with the ORIGINAL and larger (which has double the locations) concept that Spaghetti Warehouse ripped off - The Old Spaghetti Factory. Even then I wouldn't be impressed as I think both restaurants are dull.

As for "Franklin Chop House", it will be named after Franklin St which apparantly ran next to the building some time ago. I guess we can only wait to see the quality and atmosphere that will come from it, but I won't be expecting much. Obviously the developers couldn't get another big name (if you want to call Spaghetti Factory "big name") restaurant to move in so they are going for a local start up.

Why couldn't they get something like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Morton's Steakhouse, or even something much smaller but more well known like Saddle Ranch Chop House (which would fit perfectly with El Paso's "Wild West" background)...

Anyhow...looks like once again, El Paso will have to settle for mediocre...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 PM

729 posts, read 2,067,104 times
Great resturant and a great location. Revitalize downtown!! If you build it...they will come!

Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM

26 posts, read 87,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj4003 View Post
"Franklin Chop House" will be the second restaurant.

All I can say is BLAH BLAH BLAHHH. BORING! Spaghetti Factory??! Are you kidding me?? THAT is it?! HA! Yet ANOTHER average italian restaurant in El Paso....just what we need.

At the very least they could have at least gone with the ORIGINAL and larger (which has double the locations) concept that Spaghetti Warehouse ripped off - The Old Spaghetti Factory. Even then I wouldn't be impressed as I think both restaurants are dull.

As for "Franklin Chop House", it will be named after Franklin St which apparantly ran next to the building some time ago. I guess we can only wait to see the quality and atmosphere that will come from it, but I won't be expecting much. Obviously the developers couldn't get another big name (if you want to call Spaghetti Factory "big name") restaurant to move in so they are going for a local start up.

Why couldn't they get something like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Morton's Steakhouse, or even something much smaller but more well known like Saddle Ranch Chop House (which would fit perfectly with El Paso's "Wild West" background)...

Anyhow...looks like once again, El Paso will have to settle for mediocre...
You gotta start somewhere though. I doubt a big national chain like Ruth Chris or Morton's would want to pony up the money to be an "urban pioneer" in downtown El Paso.

As far as good lesser known steak chains I absolutely love Las Brisas Steakhouse which started in Lubbock and recently opened a second restaurrant in Amarillo. Wouldn't mind seeing a third sprout up in El Paso but at the very least we should give Franklin's a chance.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:31 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,234 times
How about a bucca di beppo? I think that's what it's called. I know they are a chain but at least it is different then anything EP currently has.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:33 PM

430 posts, read 1,339,691 times
So..... is the Spaghetti Warehouse like the Spaghetti Station in Cali?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:03 PM

138 posts, read 454,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTiger14 View Post
You gotta start somewhere though. I doubt a big national chain like Ruth Chris or Morton's would want to pony up the money to be an "urban pioneer" in downtown El Paso.
That arguement doesn't stand up at all if you think about it. It would be one of the big national chains that has much more capital to expand that would seek a presence in an area that is currently doesn't have. Ruth's Chris has over 100 locations across the country already...

Old 01-08-2009, 08:12 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Default And There Was Much Rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by utelpaso88 View Post
They're going to turn that old train depot building right in front of downtown into a couple of restaurants and the Spaghetti Warehouse is one of them. I can't remember the other name. This is per KDBC news this evening. I enjoyed the one in Dallas. Nice to get another National chain one here.

YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
I wonder if they have the ''low starch'' type there as i don't consume high amounts of carbohydrates but i admit that i sure do love spaghetti .

Old 01-09-2009, 12:50 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,722 times
I ate at the one in San Antonio and it was pretty good. That was actually in an old warehouse downtown too, so I can see why they picked the old train depot as a place to build one.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:27 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
How about a bucca di beppo? I think that's what it's called. I know they are a chain but at least it is different then anything EP currently has.
HA! Lipbalm, I'm going to the one on Buffalo Speedway in Houston in a couple of weeks to celebrate a birthday, we reserved the Pope Room!

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 01-09-2009 at 07:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso