Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 04:05 PM

507 posts, read 2,053,937 times

Advertisements

Sorry, this veers off-topic, but speaking of restaurant openings (and closings), what happened to that Agaveros on N. Mesa just south of Mesa Hills ? The building was built over the past year and its signage previously said Mescaleros, then it opened as Agaveros about a month ago, then closed down a few days later. For Sale sign now in front. Can't imagine who dumped $$$$$$ into that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 04:42 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,929,401 times
http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=%22...a7557,d9d7d5c0
Quote:
PASO, Sep 20, 2009 (El Paso Times - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) --
The Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurant is not coming to the former railroad freight depot Downtown because financing for the restaurant collapsed, said Juan Uribe, owner of Team Uribe, an El Paso real estate company, and one of two partners in the proposed project.

William "Billy" Abraham, owner of the building situated near Interstate 10 and Campbell Street, said Friday that he's now in negotiations to lease the building to the operator of a steakhouse chain and to a Mexico City man who wants to put a nightclub there. Abraham said he could not release names until a deal is completed.

Uribe said he and his partners spent $300,000 to put a new roof on the building, gut the inside, and buy a franchise for the Dallas-area-based Spaghetti Warehouse.

"Sorry about that, El Paso," Uribe said.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 AM

730 posts, read 1,885,393 times
Default Me 2

I posed that question awhile back also. No one seems to know. See that thing everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by br7or13 View Post
Sorry, this veers off-topic, but speaking of restaurant openings (and closings), what happened to that Agaveros on N. Mesa just south of Mesa Hills ? The building was built over the past year and its signage previously said Mescaleros, then it opened as Agaveros about a month ago, then closed down a few days later. For Sale sign now in front. Can't imagine who dumped $$$$$$ into that.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:54 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,421,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by br7or13 View Post
Sometimes I cant help but think that alot of EP businesses are nothing but fronts for money laundering. For example, I used to see the same cars month after month on some EP used car lots.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:33 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,183,395 times
Default You are not alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Sometimes I cant help but think that alot of EP businesses are nothing but fronts for money laundering. For example, I used to see the same cars month after month on some EP used car lots.
I always thought the same about some of the mom and pop stores where they sold soda that was over a year expired. Always check the expiration dates at those small stores! And the owners drove expensive cars, but then again, I know many of my friends and family still there do the same; a spend to impress mentality when they cannot comfortably afford many of the things they have.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:57 PM

247 posts, read 602,387 times
Hey Lately I have been noticing some activity taking place at that old train depot place. It looks like they have cleaned out the inside completely. Anyone know if the Spaghetti Warehouse project is back on or is it gonna be turned into a nightclub that is rumored.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:00 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,929,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utelpaso88 View Post
Hey Lately I have been noticing some activity taking place at that old train depot place. It looks like they have cleaned out the inside completely. Anyone know if the Spaghetti Warehouse project is back on or is it gonna be turned into a nightclub that is rumored.
It's a Juarez restaurant moving in. I don't remember the name.

edit:
http://www.elpasotimes.com/business/ci_14770869
Don Quintin, a Juárez nightclub, closed about eight months ago because of violence in that city. It is to open in May in the former train depot at 420 N. Campbell at Interstate 10, said Raul Rodriguez, of Juárez, a partner in the nightclub.
The businessmen also operate two other Don Quintin nightclubs in Chihuahua City and Monterrey, Mexico.
One of the partners, who is involved in the Montana steakhouse in Juárez, also plans to open a Franklin Chop House restaurant in the depot, said William D. Abraham, owner of the building. The upscale steakhouse would seat about 200 people. Its opening would be in December, Abraham said.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:30 AM

729 posts, read 2,057,684 times
It's sad that it takes Foreign investors or our friends from Mexico to get things going in that area.

Shame on you El Pasoans with the cash and the credit to do such things but choose not too!!!

Old 04-07-2010, 01:47 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,105,317 times
I hope it is a success!

Old 02-23-2011, 03:12 PM

59 posts, read 181,189 times
so is this don quintin, place opening up ? last i heard they were waiting on the EP Electric for electricity connection. It's been about 2 -3 months since they announced they were opening up that building...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso