U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-09-2009, 09:57 AM

972 posts, read 2,534,762 times

Advertisements

mexicans pay tax too...
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 PM

18 posts, read 40,415 times
Does anybody know if the night club "Cosmos" is still open? I'm afraid for my wife, to take her there for V-Day. What night clubs are down there now?

Old 02-12-2009, 08:00 AM

11,879 posts, read 25,460,716 times
Wow, I never realized that Juarez was so nice. Excellent pictures; thank you for sharing.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:22 PM

5 posts, read 9,224 times
I was always anti-Juarez and would only go to buy certain things for my parents once in a blue moon, but a friend took me a few years ago and I was amazed....They're building and expanding everywhere, and their malls and theatres for example are much better than ours...they even have VIP reclining LazyBoys in their new movie theaters. We drove around the newer entertainment district at night and my jaw fell to the floor!...I felt like I was in Vegas....All the bars and restaurants have like jumbotrons and color monitors outside advertising the place and the lines were out the door at every place, and ofcourse the food is amazing!...I was completely won over that day. Unfortunately it's more dangerous now, but it'll calm down eventually...I can't wait to get to know it better. Many people also don't realize that Juarez doesn't really have a middle class....most people are either dirt poor or extremely wealthy...that's why some areas are so deplorable and others can be so modern as seen in this forum.....in El Paso it's mostly middle class, with some lower and some upper.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:22 PM

272 posts, read 728,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suncityguy View Post
I was always anti-Juarez and would only go to buy certain things for my parents once in a blue moon, but a friend took me a few years ago and I was amazed....They're building and expanding everywhere, and their malls and theatres for example are much better than ours...they even have VIP reclining LazyBoys in their new movie theaters. We drove around the newer entertainment district at night and my jaw fell to the floor!...I felt like I was in Vegas....All the bars and restaurants have like jumbotrons and color monitors outside advertising the place and the lines were out the door at every place, and ofcourse the food is amazing!...I was completely won over that day. Unfortunately it's more dangerous now, but it'll calm down eventually...I can't wait to get to know it better. Many people also don't realize that Juarez doesn't really have a middle class....most people are either dirt poor or extremely wealthy...that's why some areas are so deplorable and others can be so modern as seen in this forum.....in El Paso it's mostly middle class, with some lower and some upper.
Hopefully with the additonal soldiers and federal police the homicide rate can stay down like it has for the last 10 days or so and people can freely visit like they used to.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:27 AM

48 posts, read 130,981 times
Those are some great pictures of Cd Juerez. It's ashame that the place has gone to hell since those pictures were taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso