Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 12:47 PM

479 posts, read 1,287,442 times

Advertisements

Thanks Rabbitface! Im enjoying my experience here in el paso so far. It helps that i have family in alamogordo and can get away if I want to :-) Malamute is right, Kern place is not going to be 10 minutes from post. I have only been on fort bliss once so far, but its RIGHT accross the street from the airport, literally! I have been in that area quite a bit as where i bought my truck is on montana right off airway boulevard. Its all car dealers and businesses, so i haven't found any houses yet that are 10 minutes away ~ NOT to say they aren't there, only that I haven't seen them yet!!!! I hope to do more exploring soon.

LOL I am always promoting Horizon City, but frankly it sounds out of the question for you as you want to be closer to the base. West side is nice, and horizon city, but so far those are the only area's ive seen anything of. I "think" I pass through "northeast" as I go to alamogorder New Mexico (can someone help me out here? and correct me if im wrong?) There are lots of houses there and new construction, but I am not sure how far it is from base as im not familiar enough with the roads and I only know how to get to base going 1-10 to airway blvd, to the base, IM SURE THERE IS A QUICKER WAY??? lol.

Anyhoo, I hope you can find what your looking for. Ask anything and we'll all do our best to answer :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 04:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times
I think all that area that is just to the west of Hwy 54 and north of the railroad tracks all the way to just north of Woodrow Bean -Transmountain would be close to Fort Bliss and walking distance to at least something. I think most of those homes are in quiet neighborhoods.

There are some nice and affordable homes in that area, some with older landscaping -- which is nice if you like to see a little green.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:03 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,497,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think all that area that is just to the west of Hwy 54 and north of the railroad tracks all the way to just north of Woodrow Bean -Transmountain would be close to Fort Bliss and walking distance to at least something. I think most of those homes are in quiet neighborhoods.

There are some nice and affordable homes in that area, some with older landscaping -- which is nice if you like to see a little green.
Also Rushing Rd south of Woodrow Bean (Transmountain) going down to Dyer is not too bad for an older neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso