Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 PM
ZSP

1,764 posts, read 5,095,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by utelpaso88 View Post
Now whats going on with these guys!? For the second time in less than 2 weeks we've lost service with all the channels in my area. I don;t how widespread this is this time around. Are any of you having the same problems?
From what I hear on the news, it was a city wide thing. There was a power outage and when the electric company got that going again, some piece of equipment/line belonging to Time Warner caught fire.

Our cable came back on at 8:17 this evening - unfortunately, my internet is cable modem, so that was out too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 10:07 AM

447 posts, read 1,572,824 times
My cable was working a little last night and now this morning no channels work, but my internet is fine??? WTH?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,105,317 times
I went over to a relative's house to help install her HDTV and TW HD receiver. The TV was awesome. The HD signal from TW was horrible. We were watching a Harry Potter movie and it was nothing but pixels and freezes. I went home and caught the same movie. I have Dish Network. It displayed flawless. TW has some good deals but their HD signal is far too weak. Why spend good money on a HDTV when you get very few channels and then they come in very weak.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:18 PM

3 posts, read 4,815 times
All week my phone/cable/internet has gone down for a few hours.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
I went over to a relative's house to help install her HDTV and TW HD receiver. The TV was awesome. The HD signal from TW was horrible. We were watching a Harry Potter movie and it was nothing but pixels and freezes. I went home and caught the same movie. I have Dish Network. It displayed flawless. TW has some good deals but their HD signal is far too weak. Why spend good money on a HDTV when you get very few channels and then they come in very weak.
I feel the same way. As soon as I move out of my current stupid apartments Im getting Dish.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:39 PM

247 posts, read 602,387 times
Again all the cable channels right now are either messed up or blank. This has been like this since this morning. I thought they repaired the problems?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:06 PM

202 posts, read 431,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeguy View Post
I feel the same way. As soon as I move out of my current stupid apartments Im getting Dish.
TWC's "free HD" is completely pathetic. The fact that you can't pay for more HD channels is garbage too. Taking off HDNet and HDNet Movies in May for MavTV and the Smithsonion Channel is another joke.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:14 PM

My cable was still messed up earlier today even though they said yersterday that everyone should be back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilo View Post
TWC's "free HD" is completely pathetic. The fact that you can't pay for more HD channels is garbage too. Taking off HDNet and HDNet Movies in May for MavTV and the Smithsonion Channel is another joke.
Where did you see this? I like those 2 channels. Are the new ones at least HD (even though I wont ever watch them).

Old 08-14-2009, 09:54 AM

730 posts, read 1,885,393 times
Until this week, never had a problem with TW cable. I was watchihng Black Hawk Down last night and service pixilated/froze/disappeared towards the end of the movie. i figured it was weather related...or as happened once outside my house, a car ran over the junction box out on the curb.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:18 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,105,317 times
TW's HD can barely handle a movie like Black Hawk Down. Try watching sports or a Sci Fi movie with TW's HD. Horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso