Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:18 PM

202 posts, read 433,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeguy View Post
My cable was still messed up earlier today even though they said yersterday that everyone should be back up.

Where did you see this? I like those 2 channels. Are the new ones at least HD (even though I wont ever watch them).
Be turning to those channels! Jk. Time Warner is in the middle of fighting with HDNet over rights fees and took HDNET and HDNETmovies off of all their cable systems. MavTV is one of the worst channels I have ever seen. Its geared towards men, but I guess their version of "men" are hillbillys that like watching softball and auto racing. Boring programming. TWC sucks for HD, no question about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 PM

247 posts, read 604,961 times
Man it doesn't look like Time Warner isn't making things better for us customers. First they drop Mun2, Espn Classic, and Ktla from the analog lineup and now it seems they have dropped both the Oxygen and the Abc Family network from the analog signal too for no reason. What is going on with this company? Anyone know why the continue to drop channels instead of adding new ones especially for the amount of money we are paying for their service!?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:59 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,021,657 times
People actually watch those channels?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:39 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
Hey Fakeguy, I think I remember what you are talking about. It was not an official offer from Time Warner though. Back in the day, anyone could subscribe to Road Runner w/out having basic cable. People could then split the cable going to their modem and use it to receive basic cable. Very common "trick" back in the day.
I've heard of this being possible in other Time-Warner markets, and I believe it is likely to be what the OP encountered here.

Time-Warner is required to pay cable networks on a per-subscriber basis. If you were a subscriber they were counting, they were spending money on your behalf. No business would want to do that without getting some money from each customers. Chances are good they weren't really counting those RR-only subscribers as a cable TV subscriber.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:29 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,441,309 times
I remember when you paid for basic but if you had the tricked out box you could get the whole channel lineup. Even the premium, adult, and pay per view. It was wrong but i was young and dumb.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:42 PM

447 posts, read 1,579,251 times
Moderator cut: discussing moderation, see comment

I was never trying to scam TW. When I moved into my last place all I had was RR and splitting it to other lines it had basic cable. I could have sworn at the time it was included but no one remembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
I remember when you paid for basic but if you had the tricked out box you could get the whole channel lineup. Even the premium, adult, and pay per view. It was wrong but i was young and dumb.
There's always a way...

Last edited by Bo; 06-01-2010 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Can't discuss moderation in a forum post. FYI, the rule on consumer complaints changed in the past yr. ;)

Old 06-01-2010, 04:08 PM

276 posts, read 805,143 times
fakeguy, you were in an apartment complex? If so it maybe because some complexes feed each apt with 1 line, and that carries both roadrunner and basic cable... so you got a dual signal. in your new place they may have split roadrunner from cable and there for you get one one signal per line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso