Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 AM

53 posts, read 186,939 times

Advertisements

I don't live in El Paso but the majority of my family still lives there so this worries me. For those that do live in El Paso, I would advise to look into this and make sure that the city of El Paso will be financially supported to provide adequate manpower, escape proof facility, well trained security, and all necessary to keep the detainees from possible escape and blending with the population. These people do not care about people period. All their lives they have seen violence and violence is all they know. Their solution to everything is violence under the blanket of religion. And trust me, a religious fanatic is far more dangerous because he believes he is doing it for the good of god. These people are cells and no matter where they are, once activated all hell will break loose.

Read the article and be aware of what is or will be going on in El Paso. If you think gangbangers, illegal aliens, or even the Mexican mafia from El Paso and Juarez are something, they don't hold a candle to the evils of the Guantanamo Bay Detainees.

Detainees at Guantanamo Bay could be housed at area centers (63%)
01/23/2009 - EL PASO -- While it is unknown where the 245 Guantanamo Bay prison camp inmates will be held when it shuts down in a year, it is possible some may end up one immigration detention center in El Paso and one just outside the city limits.

Last edited by RESCUE89; 01-30-2009 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: edit article title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,930,778 times
Scare mongering.

Boo!

Have you ever watched MSN's "Lockup Raw" shows about New Mexico prisons? There are some mean SOB's in there. We have the facilities & personnel to handle these guys.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:31 AM

Gary....

Let's hope that you are right. I would hate to find out otherwise. It's never too late to know what might come into your backyard. However there is a HUGE difference between prisoners in American prisons and prisoners in Guantanamo Bay.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:43 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,794,796 times
If I were a Guantanamo detainee I'd be very scared of being sent to lockup with the current crop of prisoners we have in our prison system.

If I were to be sent to any prison, God forbid, I'd rather be sent to Guantanamo than say, the Oklahoma State Prison in McAlester or any other type prison. The atmosphere in those places is much rougher.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:56 AM

Synopsis

That would be fine if the Detainees were sent to out tough prisons, but they are talking about sending them to El Paso and placing them in "Detention Centers" were Immigration keeps illegal aliens that were caught getting across the border. Big difference between terrorists and illegally crossing the border. All I'm saying is be sure all this is done properly and El Paso gets financial support if these plans do go into effect. The rest of Texas not always sees El Paso as part of Texas.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:56 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,794,796 times
Good point RESCUE.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:03 AM

270 posts, read 623,564 times
I heard the same thing, they are proposing minimum securtiy facilities. I hope they reconsider that decision. Slightly off thread, as long as we have people in El Paso and the Mayor, saying that El Paso is a city with two Mayors or that Juarez and EP are one and the same, we will always be disowned.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:32 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,781,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RESCUE89 View Post
Synopsis

That would be fine if the Detainees were sent to out tough prisons, but they are talking about sending them to El Paso and placing them in "Detention Centers" were Immigration keeps illegal aliens that were caught getting across the border. Big difference between terrorists and illegally crossing the border. All I'm saying is be sure all this is done properly and El Paso gets financial support if these plans do go into effect. The rest of Texas not always sees El Paso as part of Texas.
They're also considering Otero County, NM....and one guy was out protesting the other day!

Send these scumbags to the worst prisons possible, and don't pander to them with special diets, times for prayer to their allah and all that garbage. I cannot believe the money that is spent on these slimes for both food and medical care.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:51 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,186,711 times
Default Send them to Juarez...

The US can pay the city of Juarez to house them in the Juarez prison. Since Mexico did not help out with Iraq, now is an opportune time to pitch in while receiving US aid for their efforts. I'm sure Juarez could use the money, plus it would make Guantanamo seem like a palace!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:32 PM

756 posts, read 1,992,734 times
LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: