Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 02:13 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,105,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I already gave you a source from a couple years ago that stated it was 32% insured in this city.
No sir, as I have already explained, your source states that only 32% of El Pasoans have commercial, private, or self pay health insurance. Another 33% have different forms of insurance. Your source clearly states that. I am not a math major but that is 65% where I come from (El Paso, Texas btw). Your source also clearly states that 35% of El Pasoans are without insurance. You seemed to be stuck on the percentage of El Pasoans with commercial, private, or self pay insurance.

Quote:
You keep insisting it's much higher but you haven't yet provided a source.
Wrong again. I have only insisted that you incorrectly using the info from your own source.

Quote:
32% of people (a few years ago) have insurance but there are more children being born to those without insurance which makes the rate of insured children lower.
Can back that claim up? It may be true but is there an actual number or percentage out there?

Quote:
Don't forget -- El Paso has one of the highest rates of unwed teen pregnancies of any city.
Dare I ask - how do you know this? Again, might be true, but can you provide any hard facts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times
Yes, give it up, I provided my sources, you haven't provided any. Move on already.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:25 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,105,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
In an attempt to one-up each other, or have the last word, you are only embarrassing yourselves. Move on already.

NEXT--->
I can respect your opinion. I don't think I have tried to one-up malamute. If you look at my recent posts in this thread, if anything, I have been a broken record. I want people to be accountable for their statements - which malamute hasn't. I have not tried to one-up him. I pointed out the gaping holes in his statement. Compared to the regular "back and forth" arguments on here, this was far from embarrassing.

Quote:
Yes, give it up, I provided my sources, you haven't provided any. Move on already.
Again...

1. Yes, you provided a source.

2. However, you completely misinterpreted the information and misunderstood the data.

3. You are correct that I have not provided any. Why? Because I have not made any sort of claim. I have nothing to back up.

4. If anything, your history shows that getting the last negative word is important to you.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,941,720 times
Based on some member feedback, the posts above were moved from another thread where they were off-topic. I didn't go over them with a fine-tooth comb because I was told the discussion was valuable, so there may be orphaned quotes from the original thread.

You may discuss the El Paso area's participation in Medicaid in this thread, where it is the topic.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:42 PM

430 posts, read 1,333,322 times
I'm not sure about percentages or anything of the sort, but I handle insurance on a daily basis. I have seen more children with private insurances lately than I have having them on Medicaid. Now I know that doesn't mean anything since I could just be handling a small amount of cases but alot of these kids are on long-term and high-dollar care. Two of my kids have Medicaid while my eldest son and I have private insurance. I personally cannot afford to use my own insurance although. It's just there to serve as a back-up in case something really bad happens. As is....I'm paying ALOT of money for a self-pay visit to Thomason just to be told that I needed to make another appointment to have it checked out.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:23 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,183,395 times
Alucard,

This has nothing to do with the topic I admit, but what is the story with Dracula?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:44 PM

430 posts, read 1,333,322 times
It's from a play I read in high school. Alucard was Dracula's mistress. I'm strange like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: