U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:20 PM

37 posts, read 39,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
Ill make sure that Porky Pig and Roger Rabbit get a vote in as well!
I checked the voter roster and PP and RR live outside of the NE.....sorry, Charlie.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 PM

504 posts, read 987,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C. View Post
I checked the voter roster and PP and RR live outside of the NE.....sorry, Charlie.......
haha im sure ACORN can change their address to somewhere in Pleasant Hills

Old 05-13-2009, 12:00 PM

13,024 posts, read 24,432,188 times
LOL, I think she doesn't even know where she stands anymore as she always likes to state she's the great crusader against property tax increases and yet she voted against ''impact fees'' on NEW growth that would have kept el pasoan's from paying an extra $226 million in future property taxes to supply NEW water and sewer lines to the subdivisions .

El Paso City Council votes to make builders pay fees - El Paso Times

Old 05-13-2009, 01:22 PM

3 posts, read 2,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
LOL, I think she doesn't even know where she stands anymore as she always likes to state she's the great crusader against property tax increases and yet she voted against ''impact fees'' on NEW growth that would have kept el pasoan's from paying an extra $226 million in future property taxes to supply NEW water and sewer lines to the subdivisions .

[URL="http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_12356488"]El Paso City Council votes to make builders pay fees - El Paso Times[/URL]
I think Ms. Castro took a right vote, think about it from whom would the developers get all that money implemented for impact fees? They have to gain it back somehow... I think they'll get it back from the HOMEOWNERS! Impact fees, either way We homeowners in particular NEW homeowners will end up paying them. Impact fees will constrain and damage the LOCAL economy from developing leading to eventually slowing or ending development in a particular area.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
LOL....yeah lets ask those in the ''Devils Triangle'' area what she's done for them lately .

MM is in it Devils Triangle District 2.. Susy Byrd? I think you need to get your facts straight... I hate double standards, people critisizing other people and not knowing if they are even accountable for it. Devils Triangle belongs to Susie Byrd

Old 05-13-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
Yep, that irresposibility is exactly what the Northeast needs. $40,000 in debt? No wonder why she's not in favor of raising taxes!
Now I heard it all.. so you are telling me that the City paying half million dollars to an individual is no worry to you.. because they are City Taxes,but rather her trying to find out the truth and been charged for it now you are bothered??wow really we have some serious issues here.. i am not pro nor against Ms. Castro and I am trying to find facts, before I vote on June but up to this day she has been great help to my neighborhood..

Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhey Uckerman View Post
wow really we have some serious issues here..
Yeah we do don't we zuhey ........... as i and others cant stand her whether you like it or not !!!

It must really hurt you castro diehards that she recieved just 27% of the vote as the incumbent .

Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuhey uckerman View Post
either way we new homeowners will end up paying them.
Good !!! That means the rest of us don't have to subsidize you !!!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:

El Paso City Council votes to make builders pay fees - El Paso Times
I might be wrong, but it looks like she voted against a tax on property owners based on the builders taking a 50 % cost and leaving the tax payer(property owner) the other 25 %. Tell me why I should pay for someone's brand new home expense while having to deal with my own? How much more do we as property owners have to empty our limited coffers for the fat cats in the utility businesses? Seriously, as a fixed income property owner, who is going to come to my aid in paying more taxes?

Old 05-13-2009, 10:41 PM

I, along with the other 27% that voted for Ms. Castro, believe she has done some good for the NE. I listed several things she had done while in office and got accused of being on her payroll. Thus are the ways of those that somehow feel threatened by someone who stands up for her constituents. Whether she wins or loses in the run-off is something I can't control, but if her opponent wins, he damn well better be prepared for my list of things I want to see done for my area. Ms. Castro is aware of them and has agreed to check into these issues. I hope, if Robinson wins, he too will acknowledge these and not be just a puff of hot air or another crony for the Crook ....oops, I mean Cook Crusaders.

Last edited by Ken C.; 05-13-2009 at 11:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso