Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 03:16 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,023,066 times

Advertisements

I just drove by a few houses I seen on realtor.com and it's off Rich Beem with all the streets starting with Tierra. Nice homes but very very small backyards. And I just don't understand why the fences are so low. You have no pivacy. Maybe they have bigger backyards in other areas but my budget on just my income probably puts me below getting a big yard and newer home.

Another thing is alot of homes are 1400sqft and below. I even seen a home that was 1400sqft with 4 bedrooms. Sheesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 03:27 PM

91 posts, read 237,699 times
Sounds like I can't wait to get there. It is going to be tough going the first few months while waiting to sell this house. Are there apartments on the east side that allow you to rent month to month?

Old 03-01-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luplor View Post
bTROOP, WHERE IN THE HECK ARE YOU NOW? After 21 degrees, anything here will be nothing. except the august heat. I get strange looks but stiil wear short sleeves and shorts year round. Havent got used to the "cold weather". You will need a top quality grill, that's a priority, then good ice chest and steaks.
I'm north of Detroit. I love grilling!

Old 03-01-2009, 03:49 PM

I think mine are and all bills paid. There old, cheap but quiet.

Vista Village Apartments El Paso, TX - Apartments for Rent in El Paso Texas

Old 03-01-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
I think mine are and all bills paid. There old, cheap but quiet.

Vista Village Apartments El Paso, TX - Apartments for Rent in El Paso Texas
Cool. All the utilities are paid?

Old 03-01-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btroop View Post
Cool. All the utilities are paid?

Yes and also includes basic cable. The reason why I think they do month to month is because on my 6 month lease it says after the lease is up it goes to month-to-month and if you move out you must provide a letter saying your leaving and must be atleast 1 month prior, run-on sentence. I pay 565/month for a 1 bedroom at around 550sqft. I needed something cheap and all utilities since I was paying a 1400/month mortgage 800 miles away.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:46 PM

729 posts, read 2,066,863 times
My next house (hopefully in El Paso) would have more house and less yard. Here in Austin, it rains about 35 inches a year but it comes in buckets with alot of dry times in between. We are having to spend alot of money on the water bill, lawn-safe weed and feed, and fire ant killer. Plus I have alot of trees and that shed tons of leaves a few times a year. With my family size and work schedule it takes several weekends to rake the leaves. Its time I'd rather spend with the children and wife.

So my advise to the original poster...more house, less yard, more time doing other things.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth from ELP View Post
My next house (hopefully in El Paso) would have more house and less yard. Here in Austin, it rains about 35 inches a year but it comes in buckets with alot of dry times in between. We are having to spend alot of money on the water bill, lawn-safe weed and feed, and fire ant killer. Plus I have alot of trees and that shed tons of leaves a few times a year. With my family size and work schedule it takes several weekends to rake the leaves. Its time I'd rather spend with the children and wife.

So my advise to the original poster...more house, less yard, more time doing other things.

Most of the houses in El Paso have just dirt or rocks. So it wouldn't be hard to maintain.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Everything Mal says is correct. I was cooking on the grill the day after Christmas and just about every week in the winter you'll get good days. Eldorado Estates is just down the street from me and my older son and family live right across the street from there. It's a nice area with new homes and easy access to everything. Commute time is about right depending on time of day. I think you're on the right track with your hunt. Good luck and if I can be of any help just ask.
My daughter wants to know if El Dorado has a band. She plays the flute and wants to continue in band. What is the name of the middle school there and do they have band?

Old 03-02-2009, 09:05 AM

271 posts, read 809,642 times
btroop
I responded to you DM so let me know if you got it since I'm somewhat of a dumbass when it comes to computers. To answer your question yes the schools have bands, I can hear them practicing from my front yard. As far as middle schools it depends on where you live and how hard you want to fight determines where your child will go. When we moved here they put my daughter in one school and my son in another because of overcrowding and we finally got my son in the school right by our house after my wife got ahold of the superintendent. My daughter stayed in the one she was in because she already had made friends. There are 4 middle schools in our area and all feed El Dorado at this time. My daughter told me her old school will start sending kids to another High School next year but I can't confirm that. She went to Sun Ridge but if you keep looking in the neighborhood you said it won't affect you. By the way Sun Ridge is a nice area with a lot of big homes. It would be on my short list if I was looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso