Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:24 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,958 times

Advertisements

I have a slightly different view on this. I believe the main reason for such a high raiting is not the weather but the deep sense of family. Like another poster wrote EP weather is not unique, but the fact the there are not a whole lot of transplants percentage wise I think has something to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 06:40 PM

271 posts, read 809,856 times
Cooking on the grill in the back yard in shorts and flipflops most of the winter keeps me happy.
Not owning a snow blower keeps me happy.
Great neighbors keep me happy.
The best Mexican food in the world keeps me happy.
Drinking lots of water keeps me very happy.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:53 PM

729 posts, read 2,067,447 times
The nice smell in the air after it rains makes me happy in El Paso.
The awesome light shows of distant lightning makes me happy in El Paso.
The coolness in the air after 6pm in the summer makes me happy in El Paso.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:38 PM

3 posts, read 11,906 times
How can you guys forget about Chicos and Whataburger? That makes me happy, I cant wait to go back as soon as Im done with the military....one more month!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myke 33 View Post
How can you guys forget about Chicos and Whataburger? That makes me happy, I cant wait to go back as soon as Im done with the military....one more month!
We have Whataburger here in Austin. And we have something better than Chicos... I wont start this conversation again either.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:21 AM

272 posts, read 1,062,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth from ELP View Post
We have Whataburger here in Austin. And we have something better than Chicos... I wont start this conversation again either.
That's Tex-Mex, not Mexican. The best Mexican food in this country clearly is here.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc el paso View Post
That's Tex-Mex, not Mexican. The best Mexican food in this country clearly is here.
Just saying we have an a better "Chicos" here in Austin. I agree El Paso has better mexican food than we do. But our version of "Chicos" blows away the original..... I should stop there.

Its starting to get humid out here. Humidity makes me sad. Cool Summer evenings in El Paso make me happy.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:03 PM

430 posts, read 1,339,932 times
Well....I was normally happy. But damn! I have never ever dealt with such a difficult bunch of people as I did Sat night at the truck show. Never have I seen El Pasoans so rude before. I was completely appalled at their behaviour. Fortunately I got to vent with a fellow co-worker who also had the "joy" with dealing with these people. So I'm happy to say we survived, although my son almost did get his arm broken because of these people. Sorry...just venting a bit. Ok...I'm happy now.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:59 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,142 times
Didn't El Paso just post that its foreclosure rate has tripled ( don't ask USMC) however there's enough lithium in the water that keeps even those people happy. El Paso is just a friendly town- very laid back. Towns with huge traffic jams are often not as friendly. Wealth is not equated with happiness. Although those foolish and methodologically flawed surveys are only good to sell magazines, there is something calming and fun about ELP.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:03 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,271,663 times
Default Re wealth

Wealth may not be equated with happiness, but destitution is directly related to misery. The cliche is often used as an excuse for not having much. There is nothing wrong with not being wealthy, but saying that it is not as imporant, or won't make one happy is simply dishonest; for those who proclaim that, 'the bell tolls for thee'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso