Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:46 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times

Advertisements

Bloods gang to be target of injunction - El Paso Times

[thoughts?]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
It looks like racism to me. All the gang symbols in El Paso, practically every grade school and middle school kid here throw gang signs so if blacks are targetted and others (non-black) are allowed to throw gang signs, spray paint their gang symbols everywhere which is obviously the case, it's racism.

What happened to Constitutional rights as far as freedom of association? If crimes are committed, fine, arrest the criminals, throw drug dealers and traffickers and criminals into prison, but how can the government tell free people who they can talk to and what time they have to be in bed? These are free adults? If they belong in prison then put them there but free adults can't be told who they can telephone or what colors they're allowed to wear.

Also I think its a real dumb idea to tell them they can't associate in just two neighborhoods because they're criminals and going to commit crimes --- they'll just move their activities to another neighborhood which could just create more inter-gang frictions because they'd be someone else's "turf".

Old 03-21-2009, 06:47 AM

507 posts, read 1,659,983 times
This is stupid. I know exactly what is going to happen. They are going to question every black person in baggy jeans. And throwing up gang signs? Every child in the western hemisphere know what the blood gang sign is and throws it up! hell, i do it sometimes too!
I dont like the concept. what happened to the other 200 gangs in El Paso? Barrio Azteca? MS-13? all those other wannabe "gangsters?"

Old 03-21-2009, 08:33 AM

Barrio azteca had a gang injunction placed on them too a few years ago, and it did help Segundo Barrio, its a friendlier place now.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:45 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
This is stupid. I know exactly what is going to happen. They are going to question every black person in baggy jeans. And throwing up gang signs? Every child in the western hemisphere know what the blood gang sign is and throws it up! hell, i do it sometimes too!
I dont like the concept. what happened to the other 200 gangs in El Paso? Barrio Azteca? MS-13? all those other wannabe "gangsters?"

That's what it is -- if using a gang sign is a criminal act, then it had sure be a criminal act for anyone of any race, you cannot just target blacks and arrest them for making gang signs. Carrying a cell phone or playing baseball should not be a crime for anyone.

If these people are violent criminals who are a threat to society, then why are they released from prison in the first place? Otherwise, if it was determined they are not a threat, have not committed a violent crime, then give them their freedom and the Constitutional rights of normal citizens.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:08 AM

more details on injunction
County files anti-gang injunction - El Paso Times

Old 03-21-2009, 08:41 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,031 times
To me it is nothing but racism. There are tons of gangs in El Paso in the city goes after only 1 gang.......the black gang.
It would be one thing if the city said we are going after ALL the gangs in El Paso and we are going to put a injunction on all of them, that would be differnt.
This is sending out a bad message to the pubic.....what was there crime may I ask? being black, that is the only answer I can think of because there is no law on gang signs are using cell phones, if so then you have to put all of them in jail!! not just the black ones. but who knows maybe that is just the way it goes here. God forbid if they find a Asian gang.......they will just hangs there ass up by a rope down town!!

Maybe city is just worried that if they impose these kind of laws on the other gangs here they may have to put their brother in jail!!lol

If they are going to impose these laws on one gang fine but impose them on all the gangs in El Paso.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:02 PM

62 posts, read 173,873 times
Gang injunctions should be placed on every gang and not just one. smguy is funny you mentioned the baggy pants because they tried to make to where they were going to throw guys in jail here just because they see them wearing baggy pants and they think just from that that they are suppose to be in a gang. I hate when a guy has his ass showing because I do have a daughter and she should not have to look at that. It is not my place to say that a person should loose that right if that's the case then they should stop girls from wearing shorts that show their ass cheeks. I think it's plain stupid and non-sense. I think they should be worried about the killers, rapists and anything else that's running around freely than they should be worried about a gang sign. If they ain't harming nobody then they shouldn't be placing injunctions on those particular gang member. If you're nothing but trouble then maybe yea I would.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,907,034 times
They're targeting specific individuals who are part of a known criminal operation.

"The injunction, to be sought by County Attorney José Rodríguez, would focus on 26 identified members of the Bloods gang allegedly involved in drug dealing, assaults and other crimes."

Old 03-21-2009, 11:19 PM

62 posts, read 173,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimpelss View Post
Gang injunctions should be placed on every gang and not just one. smguy is funny you mentioned the baggy pants because they tried to make to where they were going to throw guys in jail here just because they see them wearing baggy pants and they think just from that that they are suppose to be in a gang. I hate when a guy has his ass showing because I do have a daughter and she should not have to look at that. It is not my place to say that a person should loose that right if that's the case then they should stop girls from wearing shorts that show their ass cheeks. I think it's plain stupid and non-sense. I think they should be worried about the killers, rapists and anything else that's running around freely than they should be worried about a gang sign. If they ain't harming nobody then they shouldn't be placing injunctions on those particular gang member. If you're nothing but trouble then maybe yea I would.

I ment to put it's funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso