Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 05:18 PM

447 posts, read 1,574,003 times

Advertisements

WARNING THERE ARE SOME PICS THAT MAY BE TOO GRAPHIC FOR YOU.

Now that the border is getting more attention than ever more photos are available. Here are some pics on the drug war mostly from our "sister city" (one even includes El Paso in the background).

Mexico's drug war - The Big Picture - Boston.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 05:47 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,933,684 times
#11 is a father/daughter on Francisco Villa just 1 block east of Juarez Avenue.

The Newspaper Tree has an article today about El Paso just being known as the town north of Juarez.
Our Big Brother, Juarez – causing all the trouble and getting all the attention - Newspaper Tree El Paso
Quote:
Ask the old timers in Hollywood about El Paso and they’ll tell you about Juarez. We know all the famous names who have come through El Paso and stayed in Juarez. It’s a kind of sad attempt to grab someone else’s glory when we proudly proclaim, “Frank Sinatra used to fly here and go to Juarez.” It’s like saying you were the janitor in the building where Elvis cut his first record – as if it had anything to do with you.
You don’t even have to be famous to skip El Paso in a conversation and go right to Juarez. Mention to anyone that you live in El Paso and often they’ll tell you about the time they went to Juarez. It seems that we weren’t fun enough to be anything more than a spark that would light someone’s reminiscent fire for Juarez.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:00 PM

756 posts, read 1,993,539 times
How sad.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,198,235 times
Default Disturbing, and sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
#11 is a father/daughter on Francisco Villa just 1 block east of Juarez Avenue.
I have three small children, I can't imagine ever putting my children at risk like that. I'm not judging the man, I'm just putting things into perspective in my life, and just thanking God right now that I have what I have. We are all fortunate, and should not forget how good we have it that we are not involved in that lifestyle; and not to sound too patriotic, but honestly, that we live in these great United States. May they all rest in peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso