Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 PM

24 posts, read 47,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
Great for whom..not for me..I do not even live there now..but my house is there!
I'm really sorry for you XChucoresident. You have some very serious issues, that proper medication could control, but you do have to take it everyday. Also, it won't help with your seemingly hatred for our wonderful courageous military. The same military who gave you the very freedom to hate upon them, but jealousy is a terrible desease as well. Sorry for the OT to the original poster.

WELCOME ToySoldier! And best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 07:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissBound View Post
I'm really sorry for you XChucoresident. You have some very serious issues, that proper medication could control, but you do have to take it everyday. Also, it won't help with your seemingly hatred for our wonderful courageous military. The same military who gave you the very freedom to hate upon them, but jealousy is a terrible desease as well. Sorry for the OT to the original poster.

WELCOME ToySoldier! And best of luck to you!

Don't be so hard on XChuco. I think between the lines, she would like to tell you of the Old El Paso. The people who lived here way back when, before the 1980's who do welcome the military but also remember a different, smaller El Paso not just situated in the West Side or Northeast or far East. It's an El Paso with it's own traditions, history, culture, landmarks, and even language, and their own pride.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:38 PM

730 posts, read 1,895,273 times
I think EX was in the Marines...if I'm not mistaken I read that in another post. All the same, those posts are very uninviting, self-centered, rude, and too full of oneself. I think new posters have figured this out from their responses. Whatever she remembers or hopes to move back to, well, it's not the same. We live here, and we offer very good if sometimes differing opinions of El Paso. New posters see that too.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:53 AM

479 posts, read 1,294,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltep View Post
I think EX was in the Marines...if I'm not mistaken I read that in another post. All the same, those posts are very uninviting, self-centered, rude, and too full of oneself. I think new posters have figured this out from their responses. Whatever she remembers or hopes to move back to, well, it's not the same. We live here, and we offer very good if sometimes differing opinions of El Paso. New posters see that too.
I don't let her posts bother me ~ but at the same time they sure can come accross really rudely ~ especially the one to Blissbound who just came to say Hi and introdue herself and got blasted!!! No need for that!!

~ There is room in El Paso for "newbies" like me AND people who have been there for generations! Im very excited to come see and experience El Paso!!! I believe that I can appreciate all that El Paso has to offer even though I am not a "local".

EVeryone on this forum has been so nice and cool and helpful ~ so I can only imagine that most of the people of EP are the same! So your right Caltep ~ the different views of el paso are very cool for newcomers to see ~ so we get a real taste of el paso.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:53 AM

730 posts, read 1,895,273 times
I'm an El Paso newbie and I think if I had accessed this forum back three years ago I would have known more about the city and region before moving here. I will always admit I am adapting slowly, but have learned to appreciate much about this city...especially the good Mexican food. As el paso grows and more folks come in, then EX will have moe folks to scream at. But I think soem locals/natives appreciate some of the insight and diversity of thought inherent with an influx of different folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso