Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:26 PM

134 posts, read 317,904 times

Advertisements

What's the word on the balloon fest? The bands sound great but I'm wondering what kind of a pain it will be to get in and out - Wet and Wild doesn't look it it would hold many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 10:42 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,136,259 times
They have it down to a science. They have been doing it for decades. It will be crowded but they know what they are doing.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 AM

447 posts, read 1,579,663 times
I went last year and I didn't like it. The balloons were great but it was really over crowded. There was no good spots and the grass was not that great. We were on a half grass/dirt spot and walking around with your feet are wet gets you muddy. The rides with lines were all a big wait and the "river" was crowded, it looked like a log jam at times. I think I'll go see the balloons then go. Just remember that this is my opinion, some people might really love it.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:03 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,136,259 times
No doubt it will be crowded. It is a very popular event.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:54 PM

247 posts, read 605,091 times
The only thing I'm kinda disappointed about this year's balloon fest is that they brought Trapt back. It'll be the 2nd time in the last 3 years they've been here. The Q has a lot more bands to choose from. Hoobastank should be good though,

Old 05-06-2009, 05:57 PM

524 posts, read 1,369,771 times
What there is a balloon fest in my beloved hometown of EP...what have I been missing!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
What there is a balloon fest in my beloved hometown of EP...what have I been missing!
They've been having one for about as long as I can remember. There's only one problem with it and that's that it's still spring and for some reason the balloons don't like to go up when there's even a little breeze.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 AM

271 posts, read 1,072,474 times
You should come see the Ballon fests that we have in Colorado, they will still go up with a mild breeze, and plenty of grassy areas, but having one at a water park seems really cool.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:30 PM

31 posts, read 84,770 times
Default Good Times!

Baloon fest I think has a little bit for everyone.

Never seen the balloons but those as I understand go up in the morning. Good for those who don't care for the crazy college atmosphere.

The water park is fun as you just get some of that nice El Paso sun all day...lots of people..(maybe too crowded). Lot's of beer guzzling too. They used to allow you to bring in outside beer but last time I went they stopped this. You must now buy beer there. But you can bring in outside coolers with food, at least that's how it used to be.

It can be a pain renting a grill, as they run out early, but you can always use one of the community grills.

The night time is where the real fun begins. It's a very festive atmosphere, almost too festive depending on your tastes. Lots of younger people enjoying the rock bands after a day of drinking. Lots of moshing, occasional scuffles but overall just a real good time. Again depends on your tastes.

It's been awhile but the last time I went, it seemed like there was an "anything goes" type of vibe. Don't know if it's settled down.

Gotta at least try it once!

Old 05-09-2009, 12:45 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Watching the balloons go up, if they go up doesn't cost anything. It's not too crowded then because it's early in the morning. You can see them checking the wind and conditions before deciding if they'll lift. Some will offer balloon rides to kids but they just lift up a few feet and stay tethered.

If you don't like crowds you can go watch the balloons and then head out to something else with fewer people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: