Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:59 AM

575 posts, read 883,769 times

Advertisements

Yes, three. A Neighborhood Market in the Northeast, a big one off Executive Center (eventually-- they've been talking about that for years), and -- a new Neighborhood Market opening real soon at Doniphan and Redd. I'm pretty excited about that one, because it's close to me.

Here's the link to the story from the El Paso Inc.:

3 more Walmarts for El Paso - El Paso Inc.: Local News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 01:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Doniphan and Redd (behind Valero gas) - Albertsons will be surrounded.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:17 PM

422 posts, read 1,294,348 times
The more neighborhood walmarts that open up....the more difficult it will be to recruit other grocers to the area. On a side note, I hear that Top Golf is looking at El Paso for an upcoming location

Old 04-02-2014, 12:30 AM

238 posts, read 420,210 times
Yay, more cheap garbage.

Sprouts is one of the last few quality grocers in this desert wasteland. I hope they never close down, at least until I leave. Otherwise I think I would die.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:45 AM

the meat and produce they have at the WM Neighborhood Markets is decent. Not everyone can afford to buy all their stuff at Sprouts. Or Albertsons.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,830,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet West View Post
the meat and produce they have at the WM Neighborhood Markets is decent. Not everyone can afford to buy all their stuff at Sprouts. Or Albertsons.
I've never been to a WalMart Neighborhood Market, but if they're like the regular ones, I'd say you're right.

And, I guess we can kiss goodbye a bunch of locally owned and operated stores (whose employees might be getting a better deal than they would working at WalMart).

Old 04-02-2014, 09:49 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,441,309 times
Quote:
Yes, three. A Neighborhood Market in the Northeast, a big one off Executive Center (eventually-- they've been talking about that for years), and -- a new Neighborhood Market opening real soon at Doniphan and Redd. I'm pretty excited about that one, because it's close to me.

Here's the link to the story from the El Paso Inc.:

3 more Walmarts for El Paso - El Paso Inc.: Local News
I don't think I would be exited at the prospect of lower property values but to each their own.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:15 PM

238 posts, read 420,210 times
Quote:
It's not because they cannot afford the produce at Sprouts. It is because Sprouts does not accept EBT or food stamps. It's the only reason why Walmart flourishes in this city.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 PM

135 posts, read 241,043 times
How does Wal Mart lower property values? Every moving forum or site, home listing etc. ask the question the most is "Is there a Wal Mart Near by" or give information to Wal Marts in the area, as if it is a requirement for most homesteads.

Wal Mart Neighborhood markets are quite nice rally.. mostly food markets with none of the clothing or electronic and so forth in them. If you just need food and home based goods like soap and toiletries they are a great place to shop.

The Wal Mart Market in NE El Paso will be across the high way from an Albertsons, and offer another shopping venue for the growing population near by. I think there is a post on here with an image of the location they plan to build it too.. if not I can try to repost it here for you to see if need be.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:46 AM

I think it would actually raise the property values on that part of Doniphan, which doesn't have a whole lot of . . . anything, really. That new market will be the closest grocery store to me, but it's not all that close at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso