Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 AM

4 posts, read 10,775 times

Advertisements

ok so my names taylor im 19 male who loves to meet new people but the prob is is that i am moving to el paso, tx because my dad got a better job. i am prior service army and have been through ft. bliss but never went out of it and had the freedom to do much. but now i am out and moving there i was wondering about any places or attractions where i could meet anyone my age? I was also wondering if there was any recording studios and or vocal couches i am wanting to record some stuff and better my self in vocal to become a well (my dream) in a headlining band any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 05:54 AM

hmmm no suggestions huh?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:32 AM

730 posts, read 1,886,921 times
I'm too old to make any recommendations....I would say the Cincinnati District around UTEP but you are only 19. Of course I don't know if you are even looking at that type of attraction.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,424,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay.P View Post
ok so my names taylor im 19 male who loves to meet new people but the prob is is that i am moving to el paso, tx because my dad got a better job. i am prior service army and have been through ft. bliss but never went out of it and had the freedom to do much. but now i am out and moving there i was wondering about any places or attractions where i could meet anyone my age? I was also wondering if there was any recording studios and or vocal couches i am wanting to record some stuff and better my self in vocal to become a well (my dream) in a headlining band any suggestions?
I don't know what you are used to but you might be disapointed in the "young/hip" scene around EP or lack there of.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:42 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,932,795 times
I'm also too old but have a teenage son. IMHO the best way to meet new friends is to get a part-time job where other teens (& girls) are working - at the mall, cinema or a fast food restaurant. They don't pay the best but those types of jobs hold fond memories of fun times and camaraderie. My least favorite teen jobs were working with older folks who didn't share the same interests but the bonus was that the grandmothers were always trying play to matchmaker.

Are you working full-time or in school?

Old 07-02-2009, 12:58 PM

4,246 posts, read 11,981,575 times
You've been in the Army and yet still live with daddy? I'd say get a job so you can stay where you are now if you like it.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:38 PM

well the reason i am still with daddy is because i just got out and i got screwed by the military so i didnt get paid very well. and also i am working full time at Walmart as a overnight stocker but i cant transfer so im going to have to put in my two weeks. i plan on trying to find an art school there to attend or just go to UTEP(where my dads going to work). but any good suggestions on things to do on the west side thats where i will b living

Old 07-03-2009, 01:35 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,110,289 times
There is no shortage of night clubs in El Paso. Downtown, Cincinnati, Hawkins, and Lee Trevino are stacked with options. I'm not sure if you can get in at 19 years old.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,446,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay.P View Post
well the reason i am still with daddy is because i just got out and i got screwed by the military so i didnt get paid very well. and also i am working full time at Walmart as a overnight stocker but i cant transfer so im going to have to put in my two weeks. i plan on trying to find an art school there to attend or just go to UTEP(where my dads going to work). but any good suggestions on things to do on the west side thats where i will b living

There are some things to do around UTEP, it's hard to say about the music, although El Paso actually does produce some music but it's far from Austin.

El Paso can seem like a rather small town even though it's not unless you're culturally Mexican.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,110,289 times
...or simple minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso