U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 PM

75 posts, read 127,282 times

Advertisements

Mexican:
Su Casa (off Yandell)

BBQ:
State Line

Italian:
Capettos
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 12:14 AM

14 posts, read 29,742 times
We haven't been here long, but we've been able to check out a few places here and there that we've liked enough to go back for a second time.

I love Pho Tre Bien for Vietnamese food. I have a high standard of it after eating at the same place for probably fifteen years back in my hometown. Love eating in their garden area since the fish and turtles keep my son amused and we can enjoy our dinner without the typical behavior of a hyper five year old.

We've tried State Line for BBQ and liked it. Went on Fathers Day which is apparently their busiest day of the year. good to know lol. Wasn't impressed with the fact that we sat out there waiting for over an hour and for whatever reason the waitress taking drink orders walked past us every single time and ignored us. Not very nice at all in the heat to be ignored like that. She finally took our drink order two minutes before we were called to be seated, so needless to say we never saw those drinks. The waiter we had inside was great though. He gave my husband dessert on the house since it was Fathers Day.

We haven't tried many Mexican places yet. There's so many, we're not sure where to start lol. But we finally tried El Taco Tote the other week and have already been back a second time (we live in the area anyway so it's not far from us). I love their salsa bar and their shrimp tacos are awesome.

Tried a Japanese place on Mothers Day and I was so disappointed. It was overpriced, disgusting, the service sucked and they charged for refills on drinks! I can't remember the name of it, but it's the place by Clicks?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:40 PM

3,181 posts, read 2,281,097 times
Delicious, La Malinche, El Taquito, Sorrento

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 08-07-2009, 01:54 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,313,339 times
Cruise the Five Points area. A ton of hidden gems in that area.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:33 AM

52 posts, read 99,337 times
My favorite place to eat at is Pei Wei's. It's very clean and the food is always delicious!
I hear Chico's Tacos is really really good. I've never eaten there though but my husband does and he recommends it.
Oh and I also like the Macaroni Grill. The food is good but the last time we went I think they had a different chef because the food wasn't as good as it usually is.

I've eaten at Rudy's on the West Side but I thought the food was very salty and dry. My husband's boss loves it though so if you like lots of salt then that's the place for you. It's been about a year since I've been there so maybe they improved.

The State Line is decent...not the best BBQ I've had but it's good. I've only been there once so I don't know if they are consistent.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:00 PM

701 posts, read 1,142,326 times
Like Rudy's, but last time we were there, it seemed the prices went up so it became a bit too expensive for us.

Like Pei Wei also....more so than its parent PF Chang's. Tried Saigon Taste on the West Side and liked that also.

Like Little Diner in Canutillo also.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:29 PM

10 posts, read 21,110 times
I like Delaney's Steakhouse on Lee Trevino ~ Delicious food, mostly steaks. They give you bread and whole cloves of garlic that have been baked and marinated, unlimited refills while you wait for your meal. This is my favorite place in El Paso.

Asian - Peitings on Montwood (and George Dieter) is a good chinese restaurant. No buffet, strictly cooked to order, fresh.

Mexican - La Terrazas on Montwood and George Dieter, I saw Sherman Hemsley from The Jeffersons
getting take out there once. (I think he lives on the east side, i've seen him at alberstons
too)
Leo's on the west side by I-10.
La Malinche is a good one too, they have a great lunch special for $6 that includes your
meal (like 6 to choose from), caldo de res (beef soup) and tea.
You can find alot of good mexican places

Also, Cattlemans Steakhouse is pretty good, it use to be my #1 till i went to Delaney's. It is on the outskirts of town, but a nice drive. They have a maze, lake, petting zoo, etc. Really nice.

Italian - I have to agree with Sorrientos on Dyer

Unique to El Paso - Chico's Tacos

Old 08-14-2009, 04:48 PM

195 posts, read 421,908 times
BBQ: McCoy's located in NE El Paso at my dad's house. I also am maybe a few years out of being able to bbq like my dad as well. My dad's from Houston and learned how to BBQ from his Uncle who owned a restaurant in Houston back in the 70's. My dad said they used to cater to the Astrodome for sporting events etc.. Just to make a long story short our bbq really is good. We have people over to eat our bbq all the time and we never get to really enjoy it because it's all gone after our first or second plate lol. People are always asking how we do our bbq as well, but of course we never tell them. My dad has only showed me how to bbq the McCoy way, not even my sister, mom, stepmom, his brother(my uncle) know how we do it. All I can say is that it's a long process. My dad was also offered by the owner of Smitty's BBQ (In EP)I believe to take over his restaurant. I still to this day haven't been to another BBQ shop that has matched my dad's. My dad and I always go to BBQ places with the highest of hopes only to be let down 98% of the time. However, there are some places that do have good BBQ that is still satisfying. We also realize some places have a different style of doing their brisket, ribs etc.. This really isn't a biased opinion it's just the truth. However, if someone can really recommend some other good BBQ places i'm all ears. I'm always down to try somebody elses bbq. Just an insight El Paso lol! I ended up making this kind of long story huh?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:15 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,845,377 times
I like the Garden Deli Buffet on Mesa just north of Sun Bowl Drive. It has so many things including interesting juices which vary but include banana and canteloupe. Lots of healthy things and some not so healthy- cheap also and senior discount for 55 years or over.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:33 PM

271 posts, read 685,528 times
I will have to try Garden Deli. sounds good. I recently tried The rib hut. it was amazing. and real cheap 1.75 and you pretty much got a cow drum stick. i think that is only on wednesdays though. Really friendly and really pretty staff. And since I am at UTEP now, I think I shall frequent that place often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso