Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:50 PM

16 posts, read 48,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrunning View Post
i thought it might be because the folks at google actually think, (like many people) that el paso is in mexico. Perhaps they assume our city is a suburb of juarez. The official population of el paso is said to be around 600,000 whereas juarez is estimated to be nearly 2 million. Juarez makes international news on a regular basis due to the mass murders of women over the years, the continual illegal crossing of the border and the fence being built to reduce it and currently, the drug wars and gang murders. Google should correct the problem and put el paso back on the map!

look at juarez with so many street lights, and here we have nothing, and besides can you tell me just one thing el paso is famous for???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 05:33 AM

17 posts, read 25,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Well Click Juarez again- -El Paso is one of the larger Juarez neighborhoods- its the stuff north of the river- Juarez Norte! LOL I love El Paso, who knows what's on the Google mapper's minds.
Yes, and another thing. I ordered something from a store on line (my new favorite window shopping method) and, instead of sending it to my house, the store in New York sent it to the neighborhood post office because they said El Paso is a rural area!!!

Old 06-26-2010, 05:44 AM

17 posts, read 25,712 times
Talking streets and house numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrabilius View Post
I have no trouble getting Google Maps to focus on El Paso. When I need a Google map of El Paso, I usually type in "El Paso Texas" or the zip code I want (sometimes a specific street that I'm looking for). Some of the neighborhood names look like they're screwed up, though (like I thought Devil's Tower was a street in the Mountain Park neighborhood, not a neighborhood in itself).
Devil's Tower IS a street in the Mountain Park neighborhood.
On the house information portion of this website, they have our address wrong and the picture was taken about 20 years ago. Since we've changed our entire home practically over the 32 years we've lived here, no picture or house price they use for these sites is EVER going to be up to date.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:47 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,136,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiralee74 View Post
Yes, and another thing. I ordered something from a store on line (my new favorite window shopping method) and, instead of sending it to my house, the store in New York sent it to the neighborhood post office because they said El Paso is a rural area!!!
That would be the store's mistake and not a reflection on El Paso. I have an entire room full of collectibles from stores and sellers all over the world and none have had a problem shipping directly to my house. Other than USPS, UPS, or Fed EX, what information would a store have to tell them an address is too rural?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso