Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
Some of the stores listed are not impressive to me. I was hoping The Fountains would bring in more upscale stores...not just more of the same we already have...excluding restaurants/bars.
Yeah, they just found out some more over at ELP Development Blog some more. TJ Maxx, Jared, Rack Room Shoes, Steinmart. Doesn't sound very upscale to me. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Farah development (2008) - El Paso Inc.: News

Miller also there is a misconception about what kind of tenants will operate in the proposed shopping center, to be called The Fountains.
"We have never promised the city upscale lifestyle tenants," Miller said. "We said we would deliver an upscale designed' shopping center with lifestyle amenities."
"We want the best tenants possible, but we have never promised the city upscale lifestyle tenants," Miller said.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM

422 posts, read 1,294,348 times
Steinmart has great deals if you hit them at the right time. I thought rack room shoes was more up MIMCO's alley

Old 04-29-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Farah development (2008) - El Paso Inc.: News

Miller also there is a misconception about what kind of tenants will operate in the proposed shopping center, to be called The Fountains.
"We have never promised the city upscale lifestyle tenants," Miller said. "We said we would deliver an upscale designed' shopping center with lifestyle amenities."
"We want the best tenants possible, but we have never promised the city upscale lifestyle tenants," Miller said.
And that's a misconception propagated by multiple media sources, including the article you cited. The very first sentence describes the development as "high-end".

I'm still somewhat enthused for what it'll bring the area, but I'm tampering down my expectations. La Cantera it is not.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:02 PM

879 posts, read 3,036,454 times
Twin Peaks is confirmed for this site now:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twin-...27142237328220

Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 PM

422 posts, read 1,294,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post

Good find, thanks Chuco!

Old 05-14-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post

Wow, never heard of that place, but I have a feeling I'll be a regular when it opens.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:58 AM

643 posts, read 1,312,769 times
First and foremost he is a business man. I cannot blame him for running his business how he sees fit. If it was all for tax breaks, believe me there are many ways to get tax breaks other than opening a shopping center and a AAA ballpark. Regardless, of what people say, Paul Foster is doing this for the people of El Paso.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Can't hate on a guy for trying to run successful businesses. And TexasCCW is right. A businessman looking to only maximize profits wouldn't be investing so heavily in downtown. Or donating millions of his own money to a medical school. Or countless other things he's done.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:14 AM

879 posts, read 3,036,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Can't hate on a guy for trying to run successful businesses. And TexasCCW is right. A businessman looking to only maximize profits wouldn't be investing so heavily in downtown. Or donating millions of his own money to a medical school. Or countless other things he's done.
Yup, Paul Foster has given over $50 million to the medical school, also donated millions to UTEP to fund the Foster-Stevens Basketball Center. He's helping create jobs all over the place in this city including at the Fountains and in Downtown, but he somehow gets criticised for trying to help El Paso move forward??

I do think that many of those that criticize him are just plain jealous and can't stand to see this man do so much for this city. I really do thank God that we have someone like Paul Foster in this city because if it wasn't for him the medical school would probably be years behind where it is now. The old Farah huge eyesore would still be there, some of the older buildings that he is reviving in downtown would be falling apart worse and our downtown's redevelopment would be stuck where its been for decades, we would still be complaining about how a city of our size can't have anything better than an independent league baseball team, UTEP would never have the state of the art basketball training complex it has now, and many other positive things.. but nah the whiners out there think they know it all and try to bash him every chance they get...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso