Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 PM

340 posts, read 608,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonetoelpaso View Post
OMG TJ Maxx the same company that owns Marshall's will set up shop there, what's next a starbucks, ooooo I hope they put a starbucks there
I actually recall complaining a couple of times that there was no TJ Maxx here. I like it. It's better than Marshall's, I think.

I hope they put in a nice coffee joint that is NOT Starbucks, though. Yeah, we have enough of those and I'm not really a fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 08:23 AM

185 posts, read 418,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unnativeelpasoan View Post
I don't get your point. What does that have to do with this particular subject?

Cattleman's is DELISH, but a bit of a drive... (Although, I think that is part of the fun if you have the time and are up for the drive.)

I agree with Violet West, the Fountains could be a suitable place for a casual sort of date if there was a nice restaurant, and then an ice cream or froyo place you could walk on down to after dinner. Then you can stroll around eating your dessert or whatever...
my point was in response to a "good steakhouse"

Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 AM

575 posts, read 883,769 times
fancy dates are great. cheap dates are, too.

as far as I remember, that is!

Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 AM

a world market or cost plus would be nice . . . hate to drive all the way to George Dieter for that.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:49 AM

111 posts, read 176,931 times
Still seeing the cheesecake factory job open... anybody heard any more news or rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 08:54 PM

111 posts, read 176,931 times
Names of nine more tenants have been revealed at The Fountains at Farah shopping center under construction on the East Side.

Signs recently went up for Stein Mart department store, Pier 1 Imports, and The Vitamin Shoppe, all of which have other El Paso locations. Women's clothing store Charlotte Russe and Stanton Optical are advertising jobs for stores in the 600,000 square-foot center at Hawkins and Interstate 10.
A sign is up for a USAA Financial Center, the first such El Paso center for the San Antonio company selling insurance, banking and investment products for military families.

State tax permits were issued for Chipotle Mexican Grill, Walgreens, and Ulta Beauty salon in the Farah center -- all of which have other local locations. The center is scheduled to open in October. But The Vitamin Shoppe Web site has its store opening in mid September. Dick's Sporting Goods has an "Opening Soon" banner.10 new tenants revealed... bit of a dissapointment:

Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 AM

643 posts, read 1,312,769 times
You know they have only announced about 25-30% of the stores that will be there, right?

Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 AM

nevertheless -- a very uninspiring list. It's supposed to be "upscale" so why can't we get new, upscale stuff, instead of retreaded Ulta, Walgreens, and Vitamin Shoppe. boring!

Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
nevertheless -- a very uninspiring list. It's supposed to be "upscale" so why can't we get new, upscale stuff, instead of retreaded Ulta, Walgreens, and Vitamin Shoppe. boring!
From 2008:
http://elpasoinc.com/readArticle.asp...=196&xrec=2997 (broken link)

t o p i x . c o m/forum/city/sunland-park-nm/TNBFI4K2L5GONTD7V/p2
"Arrrr - Read the El Paso Inc article of August 31st. It quotes West Miller of Regency Centers:"

Miller also there is a misconception about what kind of tenants will operate in the proposed shopping center, to be called The Fountains.

“We have never promised the city upscale lifestyle tenants,” Miller said. “We said we would deliver an upscale ‘designed’ shopping center with lifestyle amenities.”

Miller said that among the retailers Regency has contacted is Crate and Barrel, but that no agreements have been reached.

“We want the best tenants possible, but we have never promised the city upscale lifestyle tenants,” Miller said.

Last edited by katzpaw; 08-21-2013 at 10:24 AM..

Old 08-21-2013, 10:43 AM

643 posts, read 1,312,769 times
Thanks for the clarification, Katzpaw. We fail to remember that the average household income here in El Paso is around 35k? I'm sorry if this is off (don't have time to google it), but you get the gist of it. Upscale requires a certain income. We cannot count the income coming from across the border, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso