Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 12:46 AM
ZSP

1,764 posts, read 5,095,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddavis3000 View Post
I just came from Dallas where they have real upscale stores in the mall, and i can tell you that only the very few here in el paso can afford them. Or even want to pay 200 for a pair of womens pumps on Clarence.
Really now??? It's not good to assume anything about anyone. I've paid $200 plus for shoes most of my adult life...and purses. And clothing items. I mean...really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 01:44 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,421,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
Really now??? It's not good to assume anything about anyone. I've paid $200 plus for shoes most of my adult life...and purses. And clothing items. I mean...really?
Well then, let's forget about the income statistics for El Paso and count on you to keep the high end stores in business you high roller you.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:15 AM

111 posts, read 175,679 times
30 store line up announced:

Nordstrom Rack, Deutsch & Deutsch jewelry store, Designer Studio, Altar'd State, Destination XL, Loft, T.J. Maxx, Dick's Sporting Goods, HomeGoods, Jason's Deli, Jared Jewelers, Firehouse Subs, Cavender's, Stanton Optical, Twin Peaks, Pier 1, Carter's, OshKosh, Rack Room Shoes, Complete Nutrition, AT&T, Barrigas, Massage Envy spa, Five Guys, Starbucks, Charlotte Russe, Chipotle, USAA financial center, GameStop, Ulta, Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, The Vitamin Shoppe, Stein Mart, Verizon Wireless, PetSmart and Walgreens.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:26 AM

13 posts, read 34,117 times
Quote:
You may be the exception, but by inlarge that is not the case for most of elpaso. Point being it would not make good business sence to bring those kind of store and depend on a very small amout of the population to support it. Will it look good yes, will it be good to say hey we have a upscale store yes, but for the business owner of that store i dont think it would make good sense,.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:02 PM
ZSP

1,764 posts, read 5,095,718 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Well then, let's forget about the income statistics for El Paso and count on you to keep the high end stores in business you high roller you.
I'm by no means a high roller. I just like nice things and I am not the exception either. There's lots of $$$ in this city and it will take west siders coming over to The Fountains too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddavis3000 View Post
You may be the exception, but by inlarge that is not the case for most of elpaso. Point being it would not make good business sence to bring those kind of store and depend on a very small amout of the population to support it. Will it look good yes, will it be good to say hey we have a upscale store yes, but for the business owner of that store i dont think it would make good sense,.
I agree with you...bringing a store or business in without a hope of surviving is not a good thing. I'm not for that either. My point is...there are lots of men and women who will spend their money on what they like and can afford. I've lived here for 40+ years and am well aware of the income/poverty levels here and the % of the population that fall in that category. But the fact remains that there's also a population, maybe bigger than you realize, who make six figures and above...who will spend their money if there are stores carrying what they like...instead of doing all their shopping on line with places like Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms, etc. And the west siders willing to drive over to the Fountains.

I hope every store in the shopping complex succeeds...it's a plus for El Paso that they do. Future development and the way the rest of the country sees and thinks about El Paso can either be a boom or a bust. JMHO...but who asked me, right? lol

Old 09-07-2013, 08:55 PM

575 posts, read 876,996 times
Probably the best bet would be stores new to El Paso, regardless of price point. There are a few stores in Las Palmas, for instance, that I drive all the way across town for, because they're not anywhere else.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:18 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,058,408 times
Alright so everyone is talking about the new stores or potential stores.

But do anyone of you know someone that has already applied to this job or is looking forward to working there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso