Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 10:04 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,255 times

Advertisements

I can't remember Cielo Vista Mall ever looking trashy. Not to see it is cutting edge or spectacular but never trashy in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 11:01 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
I can't remember Cielo Vista Mall ever looking trashy. Not to see it is cutting edge or spectacular but never trashy in any way.
Not trashy but the renovation didn't improve the atmosphere. The colors and textures used inside are drab and sad.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 PM

879 posts, read 3,036,342 times
I think Cielo Vista looks ten times better than how it looked years ago. Cielo Vista looked like something out of the 70s just a few years ago.. after the renovation it looks more modern and just nicer IMO. I hardly go there anymore since its usually pretty crowded on the weekends, but when I've been there.. it looks better to me than a lot of other malls I have been to around the country. It's not completely high end.. but its not bad either.

Sunland Park is not all that bad.. it will need a renovation in the next few years... but its still a nice mall.

Bassett Mall, I thought was going to be a ghost town by now.. but I'm surprised how it has rebounded in some ways.. the new movie theatre.. new Kohls, it still needs help.. but it looks like its gotten a new spark in the last few years.

The Outlet mall is nice, outdoors and since its new.. just prettier than the other malls. Having some nice choices for people to shop at is cool too.

Las Palmas is nice too, outdoor and has plenty of places to eat.. I like going there when ever I need to shop for something that is located there.

The Fountains will be nice, I'm sure it will beat the other malls hands down.. the drawings of it looks like a great place for people to go to. Hopefully it will be built soon and that eyesore thats there now..will be gone forever.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:16 AM

730 posts, read 1,894,752 times
This is what i think of when I think Lifestyle Center-The Spectrum in Irvine CA:

Irvine Spectrum Center

Does the Fountains need Nordstroms? Probably not. I think the pedestrian friendly, nice family atmosphere, nicer restaurants (yes, even chains-Dave and Buster's?), locally owned businesses. Does it need a movie theater...maybe not, but IMAX in there would be nice. I think our indoor malls are a bit stodgy, and though it does get how here, it's more than tolerable. The Outlet Malls have the right idea, but it has outlet mall ambience. I just hope this Fountains developement does not detract from downtown improvement.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:47 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,255 times
-Dave & Busters
-IMAX Theater (full size)
-Borders Bookstore (or anything that will compete with Barnes & Noble)
-Seattle Coffee (or anything that will compete with Starbucks)

Old 11-24-2009, 09:18 AM

422 posts, read 1,294,265 times
I would love to see a Borders bookstore in El Paso. Every time I enter the B&N on the Westside or Eastside, it is always packed. The west side location needs to be expanded soon or move to a new location where they can have more square footage.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:47 AM

The vacant west side Circuit City is bigger than the west side Barnes and Noble - I believe approx 30,000sqft vs 20,000sqft. Hmmm..

Unfortunately in this economy I doubt that B&N will move or that BB will enter new markets - BB is losing money and closing stores.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 PM

70 posts, read 170,648 times
we don't need really high end store, if they opened an IKEA in there and a borders I would be happy maybe some good food joits and that would be great. I miss having an IKEA locally

Old 11-24-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiguar View Post
we don't need really high end store, if they opened an IKEA in there and a borders I would be happy maybe some good food joits and that would be great. I miss having an IKEA locally
The Farah site would have been good for an IKEA. Unfortunately El Paso's too small to support an IKEA by itself but IMHO the Chihuahua market would make it viable. I love IKEA & we always stop by the Phoenix store when we drive west - for "stuff' & the restaurant.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:47 AM

70 posts, read 170,648 times
I thinks its a perfect market for an IKEA. the thing about here is that it's not only El Paso, everyone from the north of Mexico would go there along with some of NM and places down east of El Paso. I actually think it would work out pretty well here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso